Friday, February 26, 2010

Repentance - Chapter 6


CHAPTER 6:

We arrived at the hotel a little after noon. It was insanely gorgeous. I had been wondering for far too long, and finally, I had to ask.

“Edward?” I asked, as I looked around the lavish suite at the Heathman Hotel in downtown Portland.

“Yes?”

“I know the law library isn’t paying you this much.”

Edward laughed. “No, not at all. I just work there to have something to put on my resume. Next year I’ll probably intern somewhere.”

“Okay, so...do your parents just throw money at you?”

“Sort of.” He shrugged his shoulders. “They used to, when I was going to go to med school. They have since cut me off. Fortunately, I have a trust fund and a grandmother who would do anything for me. She’ll be there today. She will love you.”

“All you trust fund babies...I wish I had something like that to give Masen when he grows up.”

Edward startled me when he grabbed my hand and spun me around to face him. He pulled me in his arms and briefly brushed his lips against mine. “He will. If you let me.”

“Edward, no. You do too much as it is. Money is like trash to you. You just throw it away. I have worked so hard for what little Masen and I have. I want him to understand that money doesn’t grow on trees.” That didn’t come out like I wanted it to. Edward looked hurt.

“You don’t understand, Bella. You don’t know anything.” He turned and walked away from me. He carried our bags into the bedroom. I followed him.

“What don’t I know, Edward?”

“Nothing. Forget it.” He busied himself with unpacking some of the things from his bag.

“Edward, I’m sorry. That’ didn’t come out right. I’ve just never lived a privileged life like you have. I don’t want to get used to all these things I’ve never had before.”

He turned to look at me. “Why not? Do you think I’m going somewhere?”

I stumbled for words. “Well, no. I don’t know. I hope not.”

He blew a deep breath out and walked over to me, placing his hands on my shoulders. “Bella, I know things have progressed quickly with us. I know we’ve only been seeing each other a few months, but I’m completely and utterly fascinated by you. I want to be with you, for a long time. As long as you’ll let me. If I want to spoil you and Masen, let me.”

My heart melted. I just couldn’t understand how he liked me so much. We came from opposite ends of the Earth. “Edward, I really like you. A lot. I just don’t want to get hurt. I don’t want Masen to hurt. He’s crazy about you, we both are.”

Edward’s lips pressed against mine and lingered momentarily before leaving. “I don’t ever want to hurt either of you. I would never intentionally hurt you, Bella.”

I shook my head in understanding. “I’m going to get ready.” I grabbed some clothes from my suitcase and headed into the bathroom to change. I had dressed casually for the three hour drive, but I wanted to look nicer going to Edward’s for dinner.

I borrowed a dress from Alice for the occasion. It was a long sleeve wool jersey dress. It was a deep plum color. It was fitted and had a ruffle decoration that went over my left shoulder and down to my waist. It had a ballet neckline and was very conservative. It hit a few inches above my knees and I wore black tights to hide my pale white legs. I wore black pumps with it. I worked on making my hair look presentable and I freshened up my makeup. When I finally emerged from the bathroom I was surprised to see that Edward had already changed clothes. He was wearing a pair of black dress slacks and a burgundy sweater with a collared button up shirt underneath.

We both just starred at each other for a second. “You look lovely,” he finally said.

I smiled. “So do you.”

We found Masen in the sitting area just outside the main bedroom playing with some of his toys. I dressed him in a pair of khaki pants and a blue button up shirt.

We arrived at the Cullen home shortly before 5:00 p.m. The house was unbelievably gorgeous. It was huge and the grounds were immaculate. Cars lined the long driveway.

I gave Masen a little pep talk about behaving as I got him out of the car. Edward and I were walking up the driveway when I heard him start cursing to himself.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I’m going to kill her. My mother, she’s crazy!”

I looked around, wondering where this was coming from. “What are you talking about?”

He sighed. “Bella, I’m sorry. I didn’t know she was inviting them. My ex-girlfriend and her family are here. Her mother is my mom’s best friend.”

I realized he must have recognized their vehicles. It was then I noticed that almost all of them were either Jaguars, Mercedes, or BMWs.

I swallowed hard. I instantly wanted to leave. I had a really bad feeling about this.

Edward took a deep breath and we continued inside. I was too shocked to say anything. I wanted to cry.

I felt a little more at ease when the large door swung open before we reached it and a shorter plump woman with white hair emerged with open arms.

“There’s my boy!” she exclaimed, giving Edward a large hug.

“Nanna Cullen!” They hugged and kissed each other. “Nanna, this is Bella and Masen.”

The woman I presumed to be Edward’s grandmother quickly embraced me and Masen. “Oh, Bella! It’s so good to finally meet you. Edward has told me so much about you.”

I looked to Edward and he just smiled at me.

Nanna Cullen stepped out of the doorway onto the large porch and pulled the door up behind her. “Now, Edward, I’m sure you saw who is here. You can thank your mother for that. I will try my best not to let her ruin this for you. Bella, you just stick with me and everything will be fine.”

Edward kissed his grandmother again. “I love you, Nanna.”

I guessed that “Nanna Cullen” was Edward’s father’s mother and that she wasn’t all that fond of Mrs. Cullen.

We stepped inside and the beautifully decorated home took my breath away. A beautiful petite woman came running up the long foyer and threw her arms around Edward.

“It’s so good to see you. It’s been entirely too long.” She stepped back and looked him over. “You look so much better than the last time I saw you. It looks like you’re eating again.”

“Mom, stop.” He pushed her away. I wondered what she meant. Had he been sick?

“Well, honey, I just haven’t seen you in so long. I’ve missed you.”

Edward scoffed. I felt Nanna’s hand on my arm.
“If you missed me so damn much, you wouldn’t have invited them. I nearly left when I saw her car. Why would you do that? What is wrong with you!”

“Now, Edward. You know we’re friends with the Denali’s. I can’t help it that you used to date their daughter.”

Edward shook his head in disbelief. “Mom, this is my girlfriend, Bella, and her son, Masen.”

I nearly choked when he said the word girlfriend. I mean, I figured as much, but I had just never heard him say it.

“Hello, dear. It’s nice to meet you. I’m Esme Cullen. Hi, cutie!” She ruffled Masen’s hair and he laughed.

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you too,” I responded.

We continued down the large open foyer. The huge dinning room was directly ahead of us and a designer kitchen was to the left of it, separated by two large columns. To the right of the dining room was a large family room, immaculately decorated.

“Dinner is almost ready, why don’t you all go say hello to every one in the family room,” Esme said.

We did as she suggested and I was quickly introduced to Edward’s father, Carlisle, his sister, Rosalie, and her boyfriend Emmett. I could feel the tension between Edward and his father instantly. His father said a brief hello to me before leaving the room. I was introduced to a few other extended family members before I met Tanya, who I presumed was Edward’s ex-girlfriend. I literally wanted to dig a hole and get in. She was the most beautiful creature I’d ever seen. She was tall with perfect pale skin and curly strawberry blonde hair. She had perfect facial features and exquisite blue eyes. She was curvy in all the right places. She greeted Edward and kissed his cheek. “You look so much better. It’s good to see you.”

I didn’t understand why everyone said he looked better. What were they talking about?

“Tanya, this is my girlfriend, Bella.”

She looked me up and down. “And who is this?” she asked, referring to Masen.

“This is Masen, her son.”

“It’s nice to meet you,” I said.

“Her son?” Tanya asked Edward, practically ignoring me. “What has gotten into you, Edward? You’re just not the same anymore.” She stomped off towards the kitchen.

“I’m sorry, Bella. Things didn’t end well for her and I. I never really cared for her, she couldn’t handle the truth, she still can’t.”

“Okay.” I didn’t know what else to say. So much was going on around me; my brain was on overload. I gave Masen to Edward and excused myself to the bathroom. When I returned, I was surprised to see Edward wasn’t where I left him, and Masen was in the arms of the big guy - Emmett.

Emmett and Rosalie were talking to him and laughing. Rosalie put her mean face back on when she saw me enter the room. She quickly grabbed Masen from Emmett and handed him back to me.

“Edward had to talk to Mom and Dad.”

“That’s alright. I don’t mind if he visits with you.”

“We were actually just heading to the table,” Rosalie said, as she grabbed Emmett’s arm and walked away with him.

I was starting to panic about being left in the room with Tanya and her parents when Nanna Cullen came to my rescue. She placed her hand on my arm. “Let’s go to the other room, dear.”

I quickly followed her into the foyer.

“Bella, don’t let Rose and Tanya get to you. Edward really likes you, he tells me all the time.”

“Really?” I asked. “Why does everyone keep saying he looks better? What are they talking about? Was he sick?”

She quickly diverted her eyes. “Oh, I don’t know, dear. When he decided not to go to med school, he just sort of disappeared for a while. When he returned, he didn’t look well. He looks back to his old self now, except happier.

I wondered why Edward never really mentioned that. Our conversation was interrupted by Esme’s voice coming from the dinning room. “Dinner is about to be served! Everyone take your seats!”

Nanna Cullen and I headed into the huge dining room. There was a large cherry wood table with a beautiful holiday centerpiece. The table could sit 14. There were 12 of us. Edward sat to my left and Nanna Cullen to my right. I kept Masen in my lap for fear he would spill something on the nearly white material of the chair cushion. Rose was on the other side of her, followed by Emmett. Mr. and Mrs. Cullen were almost directly across the table from Edward and I and down from them were the Denalis.

I was a little confused as to why Mrs. Cullen was seated at the table with us and there was no food on the table.

Are you serious? I thought to myself as I noticed the two small dark haired women, dressed all in white, enter the room. They placed a large plate in front of each of us, a little bit of everything already on the plate.

“You have a wait staff?” I whispered to Edward.

“Only on special occasions.”

Once dinner was served Mr. Cullen said a blessing and we all began eating. Everyone chatted amongst themselves, but I mostly busied myself with making sure Masen didn’t drop anything on Alice’s dress. Edward’s hand occasionally rested on my knee and it made me relax a little bit.

As everyone had nearly finished their dinner, I was relieved that I had made it through it. That is, until Masen ruined everything.

Edward was talking to Masen and joking around with him when, all of a sudden, Masen yelled, “Daddy!” Masen pointed at Edward. I heard forks hitting plates all around me. Everyone was looking at me.

“I...I’m sorry. He’s never said that before.” I turned my attention to Masen. “Where did you hear that word?”

Masen giggled and looked in Rosalie’s direction. She had a smug smile on her face.

Esme stood quickly, her chair making a loud noise as it scooted across the hardwood floor. “Edward, don’t you think it’s a little soon to be a father?” She threw her napkin on the table and disappeared into the kitchen. Mr. Cullen followed after her.

My face felt like it was on fire. I was so embarrassed. I looked to Edward.

“It’s okay. I don’t mind. I’ll be right back.” He kissed my cheek and followed after his parents. I looked up to notice everyone’s eyes still on me. I could read the judgment on their faces. I stood quickly to leave the room and took Masen with me.

I didn’t know where to go. I stood just outside the kitchen, in the foyer. When my heart rate began to slow down, I realized I could hear Edward and his parents in the kitchen.

“Edward, this is ridiculous! You’ve known this girl a couple of months and you’re allowing her son to call you daddy! What has gotten into you?” Esme demanded.

I could tell Edward was mad by the way he hesitated before responding to her. “Mother, it’s not a big deal. He’s never said it before.”

“It is a big deal, Edward,” his father chimed in.

“Edward, really, get yourself together, please. I’m sure she’s a nice girl, but you don’t need her baggage. We were very disappointed to hear your decision about med school, but even in law school, you don’t need the pressures of what comes with a serious relationship and a child. Tanya has been asking about you. She really misses you. Why don’t you give her another chance? At least she’s in the same economic class as we are,” Esme said.

Those words stung. I was on the edge of tears.

“I don’t want her! I’ve never wanted her! You want us to be together, not me. You need to get your head out of your ass and go apologize to Bella and make Rose apologize too.”

“Edward, don’t talk to your Mother that way.”

“Why on Earth should Rose have to apologize to her?” Esme asked.

“Did you not notice the cunning look on her face! She practically gave Masen a thumbs up! She put him up to it, just to embarrass Bella. She is a complete vulture!”

“I don’t think your sister did that, Edward. That child thinks you are his father.”

“Of course she didn’t do it, Mother. Rose never does anything wrong. You always hold me to a higher standard. You give her an exception because of her situation. I mean, for god sakes, look at that idiot she’s dating!”

“Emmett makes her happy, Edward.”

“Bella makes me happy, Mother. I’m leaving. Until you apologize to her, consider me out of your lives.”

I heard his steps coming closer and I hurried towards the front door. I saw Edward go back into the dining room to kiss his grandmother goodbye. He was at my side moments later.

“I’m so sorry, Bella.”

I didn’t know what to say. I just headed out to the car. Mr. and Mrs. Cullen came after us, begging Edward to wait. He ignored them.

The ride back to the hotel was in silence. Masen was sound asleep by the time we got back. Edward carried him for me. We made our way to our room and I kicked my shoes off. I quickly busied myself with changing Masen’s clothes and diaper. He whined momentarily before he calmed down, once he was in his pajamas. I set up his Pack N’ Play just outside the bedroom door. I settled in with him on the couch and read him a story before putting him down for bed. I put his monkey in the Pack N’ Play with him and covered him with a blanket. I walked into the bedroom but didn’t see Edward. The bathroom door was open and I went inside.

I saw Edward, only in his boxers, leaning over the jacuzzi tub, checking the water temperature. He heard me enter the room and he quickly turned around.

“I ran you a bath. I thought maybe it would help you relax.”

I smiled gratefully and nodded my head. On the way back to the hotel I had decided I was mad at him for subjecting me to the wrath of his family, but it was impossible to stay mad at him when he was only wearing boxers.

He walked over to me and placed a kiss on my forehead before leaving me alone. I quickly slipped out of my dress and pulled my hair up so it didn’t get wet. I slipped into the warm water and instantly felt better. I laid my head against the back of the tub.

I must have fallen asleep. I heard a light tapping on the bathroom door some time later. “Bella, are you alright? You’ve been in there for two hours.”

I quickly glanced down at myself. My hands and toes had pruned. Dammit! I thought to myself. It was then I noticed the water wasn’t so warm anymore and I felt a chill rush through me.

“Bella?”

“Yea, I’m fine. I’ll be right out.” I got out of the tub and dried off. It was then that I realized I hadn’t brought any clothes with me to change into. I glanced around the large bathroom and noticed Edward’s clothes laying neatly in a pile next to the linen closet. I picked up the black button up shirt he had worn earlier. I smelled it and it smelt just like his cologne. I enjoyed his scent for a moment before deciding to put it on.

I let my hair down and exited the bathroom. Edward was in bed, watching TV. He looked up at me when I entered the room.

“Sorry, I fell asleep.” I ran my hands down his shirt that I had on. “I didn’t bring anything in there to change into. I hope you don’t mind.”

“Not at all. It looks better on you than it does me,” he joked.

I blushed and crawled in bed under the covers next to him. He turned the TV off and wrapped his arms around me.

“Bella, I’m sorry.” He kissed my cheek.

“Maybe their right, Edward. We’re from two different worlds. You have so much potential, why bother yourself with me and Masen?”

“Stop asking me that. I don’t care if you don’t come from money. That means nothing to me. You’re beautiful, smart and funny. You’re a great mother, and you make me happy. I want to be with you.” He titled my chin up so I was looking at him. He took a deep breath and exhaled it slowly. “Bella, I think I’m falling in love with you.”

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I was speechless.

“You don’t have to say anything; I just wanted you to know.” He kissed me.

I melted into him. I was falling in love with him too, I just wasn’t brave enough to admit it. I couldn’t believe this had become my life. It was like a fairy tale. Granted, his family had some issues, and there were a lot of things I was uncertain about, but when he kissed me like that, everything felt right.

Things heated up between us rather quickly. I wanted him so bad. As we kissed, I could feel his erection pressing through his boxers. I wanted to free it. I stroked him through his boxers and the little sound that he made was music to my ears. I sat on top of him, straddling his waist. My hands ran down his bare chest. His hands rested on my thighs. I bit my lip as I felt my body reacting to him.

He grinned at me. “What are you thinking?” he asked.

I blushed. “Just thinking about how badly I want you,” I whispered.

“You couldn’t possibly want me as badly as I want you.”

“I beg to differ.” I grinned at him.

He began unbuttoning his shirt that I was wearing. “I think I’d like my shirt back now.”

I giggled and leaned down to kiss him. He quickly flipped me off of him and onto my back. He hovered over me and proceeded to unbutton the final button of my shirt. It was then he realized I wasn’t wearing panties. I had planned to put a pair on when I got out of the bathroom, but I got distracted.

His eyes ran up and down my bare body. “Naughty girl.”

I laughed. “No, I just didn’t have them with me in the bathroom.”

“Sure,” he said sarcastically as he began to trail his tongue along my hip bone.

“Oh God, that feels amazing.” I could feel him smile against my skin.

“You look amazing.”

He worked his way back up to my lips and kissed me. My fingers tangled in his messy locks.

He pulled away and looked at me. “Are you sure you want to do this?” he asked.

I smiled. “I’m sure.”

“I’ll be right back.” He rolled off of me and the bed and grabbed something from his suitcase. He came back and set a foil wrapper on the nightstand.

I took a deep breath as he crawled back in bed. “I came prepared this time,” he said.

I smiled as he continued where he left off. We explored every inch of each other’s body before there was really nothing left to do. My body was craving him. He grabbed the foil wrapper and did his thing before turning back to me. He settled himself between my legs. My knees were shaking.

“Are you sure, Bella? We don’t have to...”

“I’m sure.” I said it, but I suddenly I didn’t believe it. My body wanted him, I wanted him, but I wasn’t sure if my brain was ready for it.

I was lost in thought when I felt him at my entrance. He was pretty well endowed and it had been a long time since I had been with anyone, forcefully or otherwise. Things weren’t going together quite as smoothly as I would’ve liked.

“Sorry, it’s been a while,” I said.

“It’s okay, Bella. You’re perfect.”

That put me at ease and I exhaled a deep breath I had been holding. He penetrated me and then and I froze. I thought it would feel different. It felt exactly the same as it did that night. That night just kept replaying in my mind and I didn’t want it too. I pushed him off me, just to know that I could, that I wasn’t trapped there. I sat up and wiped at the tears I didn’t realize had fallen. “I’m sorry, Edward. It’s not you.”

He didn’t say anything. He just rubbed my back. I excused myself to the bathroom. I cleaned myself up and got myself together mentally. I had wanted this, and now I had it and I was screwing it all up. I needed to tell him. I didn’t want him to think I was weird or crazy. I took a deep breath and re-entered the bedroom. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, back in his boxers. He looked up when he heard the bathroom door open.

“Are you okay?”

I nodded my head yes. I was still naked, he handed me his shirt. I slipped it on, but didn’t bother with the buttons. I pulled it closed around me and sat down next to him on the bed. It was dark in the room, but the lights from the street highlighted his features perfectly. I turned to look at him. “Edward, I’m sorry. There are some things you don’t know about me.”

He was silent.

I took a deep breath. “Edward, I’ve been raped before. This was the first time since then. I thought I was ready.”

He wouldn’t look at me.

“Edward?”

“I’m sorry, Bella.”

“It’s okay. You didn’t do anything wrong. You were perfect.” I ran my hand along his smooth back.

He finally looked at me. “Let’s go to bed.”

He went to get under the covers, but I grabbed his hand. He turned to face me. “I want to try again.”

He looked confused. “What?”

I stood up and placed my hands on his bare chest. “I want to try again.”

“Why? I don’t want to hurt you. You don’t have to do this. I can wait. I’ll wait forever if you need me to.”

I almost laughed. “You’re so sweet.” I kissed his lips gently. “I want to, because you’re the only person I’ve ever wanted to be with since it happened. It doesn’t matter if it’s tonight, or tomorrow, or next week, or next month! I just have to do it and get it over with. Now that you know, I think it will be easier.”

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. “You’re the most amazing woman I’ve ever met.”

I smiled up at him. “Make love to me, Edward.”

His lips crashed down upon mine. I kept telling myself that this was love, and this was different, this was consensual. He wasn’t going to hurt me.

We had undressed and were on the bed in no time. He grabbed another foil wrapper and put on a condom. I took a deep breath as he positioned himself between my legs. I kept trying to imagine beautiful things in my mind, so those horrible thoughts couldn’t intrude.

“Bella? Bella?”

“What? Sorry, I zoned out.”

“Stay here, with me. When you get that glazed over look in your eyes, I can’t do it.”

I stroked his cheek. “I’m sorry. I’m here.”

“Maybe it would be better if you got on top. So you can go at your own pace.”

I thought about that for a moment. I wouldn’t feel trapped. “Good idea.” I smiled as he rolled over on to his back and his rock hard erection lay neatly on his stomach. I straddled him and kissed him briefly before positioning myself over him and letting him gently slip inside me. It was a little painful at first, but once he was all the way in, and I was still in the right frame of mind, I felt like celebrating.

I opened my eyes to see him watching me intently. A huge smile spread across my face as I gently rocked my hips against his. “I’m okay,” I breathed. I leaned down, covering his body with my own as I kissed him.

“You feel amazing, Bella.”

I sat back up as our hips worked in perfect rhythm. “So do you.” His hands ran up my flat stomach, then gently explored each of my breasts before moving back to my thighs. He held me to him as he thrust inside me, causing my body to rub against his. In no time at all, I began to feel my muscles tightening up and all my blood rushing to the surface of my skin. I was flushed and I couldn’t control the incredible sensations I was feeling.

“Edward...” I moaned.

He thrust deeper inside me and his fingers dug into my hips. I felt myself tightening around him as I came.

He was only seconds behind me, the sounds that escaped him as he came were the most erotic sounds I’d ever heard.

“Uhhh! Oh, Bellllllaaa!”

I fell against him, exhausted. His arms wrapped tightly around me. I smiled against his chest. I was proud of myself. I never thought I’d be able to do it, much less enjoy it.

A few moments later he excused himself to the bathroom and when our bodies were no longer one, I felt empty.

He returned to bed a few minutes later and I curled up next to him. “Thank you for being patient with me.”

He kissed my forehead. “You were wonderful, Bella.”

I smiled against his chest. Just before I had almost fallen asleep, a thought hit me.

“Edward?”

“Hm?”

“What did your family mean when they all said you looked so much better?”

Silence.

“Edward?”

“It was just a rough time in college. I was trying to figure out who I was. I had just lost a little weight and my hair had gotten longer. It wasn’t a big deal, they just blow everything out of proportion.”

That sounded about right, I thought.

He kissed me. “Get some sleep, Bella.”

I nodded my head. “Goodnight, Edward.”


***Author’s Note: Hi! This chapter was a little longer than usual, I hope you all enjoyed it! There’s so much more to come! Thanks for the reviews and keep them coming! I also want to give a shoutout to Westosobear because she follows all my stories and always reviews :) Also, some of my favorite Twitter girls: Kharisma2; KSarno; xmissitzel; toriaGRIFFIN93; LizHartzog and BetsMissTitz!


**CHAPTER 7 - CLICK HERE**

1 comment:

BetsMissTitz said...

Ali aww you made me smile so big when I aw my name at the A/N..Thank you ;)

This chapter was awesome! It is quite revealing some things I had been suspecting from Edward..hmm he didnt react the normal way when Bella told him she was raped,he also didnt seem mad that Bella cockblocked him..ohhh Edward you have so much on your mind and I cant read you lol!

I felt like slapping some bitches at the dinner and inviting Tanya was so wrong and then Rosalie as always the bitch..at least there was a nice and cute lady..grandmas are so cute, I just wanted to hug her. Also I was really damm pround that of the way Edward defended Bella and their relationship. They finally had sex hehehe..that was HOT!