Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Repentance - Chapter 7


CHAPTER 7:

He wasn’t in bed with me the following morning when I woke. I found his shirt on the floor and slipped it on before walking out of the room. Edward had ordered breakfast and he was helping Masen eat a pancake.

I laughed as Masen sucked syrup off his fingers. “Mamma!”

“Is that good, Masen?”

He eagerly nodded his head. He had never had pancakes before. Edward turned around to see me.

“Good morning, beautiful. I didn’t want to wake you. There’s plenty here if you’re hungry.” I sat down with them and ate breakfast. After we finished, Edward got up.

“I’m going to get in the shower. Masen, tell Mamma where we’re going today!” Edward said.

Masen grinned from ear to ear. “We goin to da zoo, Mamma!!”

“The Zoo?? Really?” I looked at Edward.

He nodded his head. I wasn’t sure if Masen was more excited, or I was. I hadn’t been to the zoo since I was a little girl. “Thank you, Edward.”

“Tank you, Daddy!” Masen yelled.

“Masen! Stop saying that! His name is Edward!” I scolded.

Edward laughed. “It’s okay, Bella, really.”

I sighed as Edward disappeared into the bathroom and we all began to get ready.

***

By the time we returned to Seattle a few days later, I was beyond exhausted. I had the most incredible time though. Edward made sure to show us a good time. The zoo was still my favorite part. Masen’s favorite part were the monkeys at the zoo. I think we were at the monkey exhibit for a good two hours.

Edward helped me get everything inside my tiny apartment on Sunday night when we got home. Masen was asleep and we put him straight to bed. I sighed as I met Edward at my door.

“I don’t want the weekend to end,” I said to him.

He kissed my lips lightly. “Me either. I had a wonderful weekend, Bella.”

I smiled. “Me too. What’s your schedule like this week? When do I get to see you again?”

He sighed. “I’m pretty busy. I have to work a lot, so I’m not sure I’ll be at the library much.”

“Oh, okay.” I couldn’t hide my disappointment.

“I’ll find time to see you though. I’ll call you, okay?”

I nodded my head. We embraced momentarily and kissed each other before finally parting.

It was lonely and cold sleeping alone that night. It made me realize how much I liked Edward, and missed him when he wasn’t around. I didn’t see him at all throughout the week and by the time Friday came around, I was more than anxious to see him. He was supposed to be coming over after he got off work.

*Alice POV*

I was playing hide and seek with Masen when there was a knock at the door. I hesitated momentarily, not wanting to answer Bella’s door. Not to mention, these apartments were pretty sketchy. When the person knocked a second time, I tip toed to the door to look out the peep hole. Edward!

I swung the door open. “Hey, stranger! Come in!”

Edward came in and Masen came out of his hiding spot. “Daddy!!” he screamed. I guess Bella couldn’t get him to kick the habit. She had filled me in on the Thanksgiving nightmare.

Edward scooped Masen up. “Hey, big guy. How are you?”

Masen hugged Edward’s neck. “Good, missed you.”

Edward kissed his forehead. “I missed you too, buddy.”

My heart melted. Bella was right, he is really good with Masen. “Edward, I think Bella was going to the library after class. I wasn’t really expecting her until later.”

“Well, Alice, I actually came to see you.”

“Oh?”

Edward put Masen down. “Yes, do you know if Bella has a Christmas tree?”

I laughed. “She doesn’t. Last year she got this little two foot joke of a tree. I tried to buy her one, she wouldn’t let me.”

Edward laughed. “That sounds like her.”

“You know her well!”

“Well, I was thinking...I want to get her one, a nice one. But I wondered if you’d want to help me. I want to surprise her with it, so she can’t object.”

I started jumping up and down. “That’s a great idea!! We’ll get an artificial one so she can use it every year. It has to have multi-colored lights and a homey feel to it, not a fake feeling. Oh! And we could make home made ornaments with pictures of Masen and his little hand prints! This is a great idea, Edward!”

Edward laughed. “Slow down, Alice!”

I giggled. “I’m just so excited. When do we start?”

“Well, it will be difficult to keep it from her. We’ll have to pre-plan and then throw it all together one evening when she’s in class.”

“Okay, well you get the tree. Masen and I can get started on the decorations every night when Bella isn’t here. I’ll have to find somewhere to hide them, but that shouldn’t be a problem.”

“Okay that sounds good. Let’s aim for next Friday. I’ll get the tree this weekend. Do you think that’s enough time?”

“Yes, I can definitely get everything together by then!”

Edward and I sat down and made some notes about what we were going to do and we made Masen swear to keeping it a secret from Bella. Just as Edward was getting ready to leave, Bella came through the door.

*Bella POV*

I was tired after class and didn’t feel like going to the library, although I really should have. I wanted to get home and freshen up a bit before Edward arrived.

Needless to say, I was surprised to see him when I walked in.

“Edward! What are you doing here?” He and Alice looked just as surprised to see me, and Masen had an evil grin on his face.

Edward grabbed my bags from me and kissed me. “I got off work early. I didn’t realize you were going to the library.”

“Oh, why does my son look like he has a big secret?”

Alice and Edward looked at Masen and they both shrugged their shoulders nonchalantly. Masen giggled. They were up to something.

“Well this has been fun, but I’ve get to get home. It was good to see you, Edward. Masen give me a hug and kiss!” Alice demanded.

Alice told Masen goodbye and she hugged me before heading out.

“I’m going to get him to bed, okay?” I said to Edward.

Edward nodded his head. “Have you eaten?”

“No, have you?”

“No, why don’t I go pick up a pizza or chinese while you get him to bed?”

“That sounds great! Chinese please!”

Edward laughed. “Yes ma’am.”

“Tell Daddy goodnight, Masen.” The words came out of my mouth before I even realized what I’d said. I covered my eyes in embarrassment. “I’m sorry.”

Edward pulled my hand away and laughed at me. “It’s fine, Bella. I really don’t mind.” He kissed me and Masen before leaving to get the food.

Masen was more hyper than usual and it took me a while to get him to settle down. Once he did, I changed into my pajamas and let my hair down, brushing it out. I wore black, white, and light pink flannel pants with a black tank top. I cleaned up the apartment a little bit before Edward got back.

Not only did he come back with Chinese food, but also a case of beer and a bottle of wine.

“What is all this?” I asked.

“Well, I wanted a beer. I wasn’t sure if you drank beer, so I brought a bottle of wine also.”

I shook my head and took some of the things from him. “You’re too much, Edward Cullen.”

He laughed at me. We set the food down on the coffee table and settled behind it against the couch. It was so good.

“So are you going to tell me what you guys are up to?” I asked.

“What are you talking about?”

“You, Masen and Alice. I could tell you all were up to something when I came in.”

He shook his head. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Bella.”

“Masen told me,” I lied.

Edward turned to look at me quickly, eyes large. “Did he really?”

I laughed. “I knew it!”

Edward laughed. “That’s not fair, you tricked me!”

“You’ve done entirely too much for me, please don’t be doing anything crazy.”

“It’s nothing, really. I promise.”

I didn’t believe him, but I let it go. We continued eating and drinking until we were both stuffed and I was tipsy. Edward laughed at how much of a lightweight I was. I began unbuttoning his shirt as I kissed him. “You should get more comfortable.”

He laughed, “Let’s go to bed.”

“We can’t; Masen is in there. Neither one of us are exactly...quiet.”

“True.” Edward got up and went to the linen closet and grabbed several blankets from it. “Go get the pillows off the bed.”

I did as he said, and when I came back into the living room, he had moved the coffee table, turned the lights off, and laid the blankets out on the floor. I added the pillows and we had a perfect little pallet.

“Come here,” Edward pulled me down next to him. I immediately captured his lips, holding his bottom lip hostage between mine.

“I’ve missed you,” I said, after finally breaking our kiss.

“I missed you too, Bella. More than you know.”

I giggled and kissed him again, while peeling his clothes off of him. He was so incredibly sexy. Once I had him down to his boxers, I sat on his lap and ran my hands up and down his strong chest and along his shoulders. His hands were beneath my tank top, inching it up my stomach and eventually over my head. I wasn’t wearing a bra. I shyly leaned against him.

His hand brushed against my bare shoulder, moving my hair behind it. “You’re so beautiful, Bella.”

I smiled as he kissed me. I was so hopelessly in love with him. He gently laid me on my back, never separating his lips from mine. He slipped his hand inside my flannel pants and I lifted my hips to help him shimmy them down my legs. I removed his boxers and then I straddled him. I liked the position we were in. Edward was sitting against the couch, I was in his lap. I liked being this close to him. He smelled delicious. I moved on top of him in a perfect rhythm. His tongue lazily trailed down my neck. I moved quicker on top of him, enjoying the increased friction. His finger tips dug into the skin at my hips and I nearly fell over the edge when he closed his eyes and threw his head back against the couch. His hands on my hips guided my pace. I felt a tingling sensation between my legs and my muscles began to tighten in my stomach.

“Edward...” I breathed.

He opened his eyes and they met mine. I latched on to his lips with my own as I moved faster on top of him, felling my orgasm race through my body.

He pulled away. “Bella!” He said my name loudly as he came and I couldn’t help but smile. I loved hearing my name roll of his tongue as I made him fall over the edge.

We both clung to each other, breathless.

“Mommy!!” Masen cried.

Edward and I both laughed. “I guess we weren’t quiet enough,” I said. “I’ll be right back.” I crawled off of Edward and dressed quickly. I made my way into the bedroom where Masen was.

“What‘s wrong, buddy?” He was standing in his crib reaching for me. I picked him up.

He didn’t say anything, he just wrapped his little arms around my neck and laid his head on my shoulder. I rubbed his back and rocked him until he was back to sleep. I put him back to bed and went back to Edward. He was under the covers with his eyes closed.

I crawled in next to him. “Did you fall asleep on me already?” I asked.

He opened his eyes. “No, just resting my eyes.”

I laughed. “Sure!”

He laughed too. “You wore me out.”

I smiled and kissed him. “Good!”

We stayed in the living room the entire night, snuggled up next to each other.

I was disappointed the following morning when, after breakfast, Edward said he had to get going.

“Where are you going? I haven’t seen you all week.”

He walked up to me and caressed my cheek with the palm of his hand. “I know, sweetheart. I’ll be back tonight. I’ve got some errands to run and I need to do some studying.”

I stuck out my bottom lip, pouting. “Okay.” He kissed me, and I absolutely melted. I could feel the want in his kiss. I smiled when he finally pulled away.

“I’ll see you soon.”

I nodded my head and he gave Masen a hug and disappeared out the door. I sighed, and wondered what I’d do with the rest of my day.



Edward took me and Masen to dinner that evening. It was really fun. Masen had a great time. He never gets to go out like that, because I can’t afford it. He was so excited to get a balloon tied to his wrist when we left the restaurant. It was a cute little family restaurant that was locally owned. A family next to us was celebrating a birthday and the waiter sang happy birthday to them and took a picture of the child blowing out the candle on the cupcake. The waiter was using a Polaroid camera. Edward talked the waiter into taking our picture. I had to laugh at him at first, but the picture turned out very cute. It was of all three of us. We looked happy, like a family. Anybody on the outside would think Edward was Masen’s father. They even had the same stupid grin in the picture. I laugh every time I look at it. I’ve looked at it a lot.

The weekend was over before I knew it and it was back to our hectic schedules. It seemed like I rarely got to see Edward anymore. He wasn’t at the library as much and I missed him. I had a long week and a big exam on Monday of the following week. It was Friday night and Edward was working. I decided I’d go to the library to study. Alice said it wouldn’t be a problem. I was on the bus, on my to the library after work and as I passed my apartment building, I could’ve sworn I saw Edward’s car outside down the street. I sent him a text message.

Where are you? - B

I received his response almost instantly. Working, I thought I told you. - Edward

I sighed. I was secretly hoping he wasn’t working and was waiting on me at my apartment.

You did. I thought I saw your car near my place. - B

Not mine. Are you going to the library or home? - Edward

Library. I miss you. :( - B

I miss you too. I’ll be over a little after 9:00, get your studying done so I can have your undivided attention all weekend! - Edward

I like the sound of that ;) See you later. - B

I threw my phone into my bag and rushed to the front of the bus as I had almost missed my stop.

*Alice POV*

“Whew! Thank God she didn’t stop in here. I can’t believe you parked your car right out front.”

Edward laughed. “It’s down the street a little ways. I wasn’t even thinking. We have to hurry. Knowing her, she’ll pop in at any moment.”

Alice laughed. “I know, I know. I’m so excited!”

We had the tree up and we had just finished getting the lights on. Masen loved the lights, especially the twinkling ones. After we got the lights on we began adding the popcorn and cranberries. Masen and I had spent all week stringing popcorn and cranberries to use as garland. I saw the idea in a magazine, and I thought it was really cute.

“How did you ever find the time to get all this done?” Edward asked as he strung the popcorn garland around the top of the tree.

I laughed. “I’m fast! The most difficult part was trying to get Masen to stop eating all the popcorn!”

Edward and Masen both laughed. Masen and I hung ornaments while Edward continued with the popcorn and cranberry garland. When he was finished, he stepped back and looked at some of the ornaments. I made a lot of them myself. I had Masen’s baby footprints in a little frame with glitter on it, and several more homemade ornaments with some of Bella’s favorite baby pictures of him. There were also other homemade ornaments of her when she was a baby with her mom and dad, a picture of Masen and Mr. Swan, and of course regular Christmas ornaments with lots of sparkle! The entire tree was so colorful.

It struck me as strange to stand back and observe how much time Edward was spending looking at the photos of Bella, Masen and her family, especially the baby pictures of Masen. He almost looked like he was getting choked up.

“Um, Edward? Are you okay?” I asked hesitantly.

He looked back at me quickly, I startled him. He put down the ornament he was holding. “Yes, I’m sorry. I’ve never seen any of these.”

I walked up to him and looked at the picture on the ornament he was previously holding. It was a picture of Masen and Bella, the day they went home from the hospital. “He had a cone head.” I said.

Edward laughed. “Yes, he did, still cute though.”

I laughed too. “Yea, he was really cute.”

“Bella doesn’t look happy.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “She had mixed emotions at first. It was a really hard time for her, doing it on her own, you know?”

Edward nodded his head.

“Did she tell you about it?” I asked him.

Edward took a deep breath. “Not really. I mean, she told me she had been raped, I just assumed...”

I nodded my head. “Everyday since that day, I’ve wanted to kill the bastard that did it to her, but at the same time, I can’t imagine life with out that little angel.” I looked at Masen who was eating the popcorn off the left over garland.

I looked back up at Edward. He almost looked sick. “Are you okay?”

“Yea. I just really care about her.”

“I know you do. I wish you could’ve met her before Masen. She was such a bright light, so happy, carefree, determined. Then everything changed. She was broken, shattered, scared. You bring back the old Bella in her.”

Edward looked away from me quickly. I thought he was going to be sick. He took a deep breath before facing me again. “I’m sorry, Alice. It’s just hard for me to imagine.”

I nodded my head in understanding. He truly cared about Bella and that made me happy.

“Alice, I think I love her.”

My head shot up and my smile surely reached from ear to ear. “That’s wonderful! You should tell her!”

“You don’t think it’s too soon? What if she doesn’t...”

I laughed loudly. “Are you kidding me? She’s totally head over heels.”

Edward laughed. “Okay, I’ll tell her soon.”

That made me happy. We continued getting all the ornaments on the tree and it was getting late by the time we finished. Bella would be home soon.

“So, Edward, are you ready to see the tree topper?”

Edward laughed. “Sure.”

“I wanna put it up! I wanna put it up!” Masen screamed.

I pulled it out of the bag it was in. It was a gold sparkly three demential star with a picture of Edward, Masen and Bella from the restaurant in the center of the star. There was a boarder of red glitter framing the picture.

“Wow, Alice. That’s great, she will love it!”

I jumped up and down. “I know! You have no idea how hard it was to get this picture from her! I had to make a copy of it and give it back to her, I was afraid she’d kill me if I used the original.”

Edward laughed. “Okay, big guy, you want to put it on top of the tree?”

Masen reached for Edward to pick him up. “Yes, Daddy! I wanna do it!”

Edward picked up Masen and lifted him up so he could put the star on the tree. After Edward put him down, he straightened it up a bit and we both stood back admiring our work.

“It’s beautiful, Alice. Thank you so much for all your help. I never could’ve made it mean so much.”

I almost cried. “Your welcome. It was my pleasure, we had a lot of fun.” I heard Bella turning her key in the door and Edward ran to the door, to prevent her from coming all the way in.


***Author’s Note: *sigh* I love this story. lol There’s much more to come, hope you all enjoyed!

Follow me on Twitter! @AllOrNothingKR

**CHAPTER 8 - CLICK HERE**

No comments: