Sunday, March 28, 2010

Never Think - Chapter 17


Chapter 17:

I headed out of the hotel and as soon as I got on the street, I was glad I was out. It was a beautiful day in Manhattan and it was nice to be outside. The first place I stopped in was a cute little boutique. As soon as I walked in the door, I saw what I wanted.

It was in the very back of the long narrow store. It was black and white baby bedding with a fleur de lis print. It had hot pink accents, including a little blanket and throw pillow. I bought all the bedding, but instead of the hot pink accents I got them in a deep purple color. Once that was done, I was super excited.

My next stop was for baby furniture. I got an ebony crib, dresser, and changing table. I also got a matching rocker and ottoman. I’m having it specially made with matching fleur de lis print.

After I got all the big stuff out of the way, I bought her some clothes. I found a cute little boutique that specialized in unique children’s clothing. Everything was organic and had either a rock n’ roll or hippie feel to it. I was in heaven! The color pink hardly existed in that store and if it did, it was cute! I did buy one thing that was pink. It was a hot pink onesie with a black guitar on it and under the guitar it said “let’s rock.”

After I had spent a small fortune on clothes, I decided to head back to the hotel. I was tired, and my foot was starting to hurt. I arrived back to the hotel shortly before 5:00 p.m. I grabbed a snack from the mini bar and passed out on the bed.

“Kristen. Kirs, wake up.”

I groggily opened my eyes. “What?” I asked.

Rob laughed at me. “It’s almost 8:00 p.m. How long have you been asleep? Have you eaten?”

I rolled over onto my back. “I don’t know.”

“Are you hungry? I was going to order a pizza.”

“Yea, that sounds good.” I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I was so tired.

“Long day?” Rob asked.

I nodded my head. “Yea, but I got a lot of great stuff. I’m excited!”

Rob looked surprised. “That’s great! Where is it?”

“I’m having it all shipped to the house. I got all the bedroom furniture and a bunch of cute clothes! She’s going to be a hip little baby!”

Rob laughed. “I’d expect nothing less!”

I hit him playfully and crawled out of bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

We watched movies and ate pizza that night until I thought I was going to pop. It was nice being with Rob again, without arguing.

I stayed with him for almost a week. It took me that long to get my documents straightened out to get home. My passport and driver’s license were in a storage area in Philadelphia where they collected the left over belongings on the plane. I didn’t want to leave Rob, but I was more than eager to get home and get started on the baby’s room.

I was a little leery of flying again, but I figured I’d have to get over it, and fast. As much as I fly, I should feel lucky that I’ve only had one minor accident.

“Okay, I think that’s everything,” I said to Rob as I stuffed a few of my new belongings into one of his backpacks. I stood and headed to the door. He was behind me when I turned around. He took the bag from me and set it down on the floor. He hugged me and I buried my face in his chest. I loved the smell of him. It felt like home.

I sighed. “I’ll miss you.”

He kissed the top of my head. “I’ll be home in less than two weeks.”

I nodded my head and looked up at him. He lowered his lips to mine and I savored his taste.

“I love you,” he said, his lips still dangerously close to mine.

“Love you too. Be good, okay?”

He laughed. “I’m always good.”

I scoffed. “Well, try to stay away from your poker buddy, for my own sanity.”

He shook his head and playfully rolled his eyes at me. I reached up and kissed him one more time. “I’ll call you when I get in.”

He picked my bag up and handed it to me. “Be careful.” He bent down and kissed my belly. “Bye, Mini Me.”

I giggled, desperately hoping he was right, that it was a miniature version of himself inside me.

We lingered a moment more before I finally left. Shortly after my shopping extravaganza the press got word that I was here and that I was on the plane that crash landed. They’d been staked outside Rob’s hotel ever since. I didn’t try to hide this time. I couldn’t run with my broken ankle, so I just put in my earbuds and ignored them.

When I arrived home I was surprised to see my mom. She greeted me as soon as I walked through the door.

“Hey, Mom, what are you doing here?” I hugged her.

“The baby’s furniture was delivered a little while ago along with a hoard of other things.” She pointed to the boxes stacked up in the living room.

I laughed. “I did some shopping for the baby in New York.”

“I figured as much,” she smiled. “It’s all together, in her room.”

“They put it together?” I asked.

“Yes! It’s beautiful.”

I hobbled through the living room and down the hall to the baby’s room. All of her furniture was put together and I loved it. I couldn’t wait to get the boxes open and get her bedding put together.

My mom and I spent the next several hours washing new baby clothes and sheets and finding places for them in her room. I was beyond thrilled with how it looked. I called the boutique where I got the bedding and I am having them make curtains to match it.

By the time we got everything finished we were both exhausted. Mom left and I hung out in front of the TV with a container of Ben and Jerry’s. I talked to Rob before going to bed and I sent him some pictures of the baby’s room. He insisted she needed a name. I told him I’d try to come up with something before he got home.

***

On the day Rob was supposed to come home, I was so excited I could hardly stand it. I cleaned the entire house from top to bottom, had my mom buy his favorite kind of beer, and enough food to keep us locked inside alone for a few days.

It was only when I became bored that I meandered into Satan’s closet. That’s how I had been referring to the internet lately. I tried to stay away from it, it always pissed me off. I couldn’t help but be tempted by the fact that I could find out exactly what my boyfriend had been up to at any given time.

Pissed off was an understatement. I wanted to freaking strangle him! There were pictures of him and Kacie out together the previous evening. They weren’t alone, but she had her arm around him! She was definitely moving in on what was mine. That wasn’t even the worst part. There was a picture of Rob and Kacie kissing outside his hotel! I could tell by his body language that he wasn’t expecting it, but it didn’t make it any easier to deal with. There were pictures of different members of the cast saying goodbye and a picture of Rob and Kacie hugging. I could’ve dealt with that, a friendly hug, but then there was a picture of her with his face in her hands and she is kissing him. His hands and arms are held out away from his body, as if he were surprised. There was another picture where it looked like he was pushing her away. Why would she just kiss him like that, if they hadn’t done it before? Maybe he was just concerned about her doing it in public. A million thoughts ran through my mind. Needless to say, I didn’t really care when Michael showed up on my doorstep later that evening. I secretly hoped Rob would walk in and see us together.


**Rob’s POV**

My blood was boiling by the time I landed in L.A. As I suspected, Kristen wouldn’t answer my calls. I was so sick of this shit. I didn’t know what the fuck was going on, but I think I knew who was behind it. I didn’t know what Kacie’s deal was. We were friends. She just fucking grabbed me and started kissing me. I could hear the paparazzi in the distance going nuts.

I wasn’t all that surprised to see Mike’s car parked outside my house when I arrived home. I was surprised, however, to hear his phone ringing as I walked past his car. I pulled the door handle, unlocked. What an idiot, I thought. I grabbed his cell phone from the center console.

Kacie.

Imagine that, I thought. I answered with the best American accent I could muster. “Hello?”

“Hey, it’s Kacie. It didn’t work. He’s just not into me.”

I couldn’t hide my laughter. “Kacie, it’s Rob.”

“Rob?” she nearly screamed. “Sorry, I thought I dialed someone else.”

“You did. Please explain why you’re discussing me with Michael?”

She fumbled momentarily for words. “He and I are friends. I liked you. He told me you just required a lot of encouragement, that you wouldn’t make the first move. So, I tried to today, but you obviously weren’t having it.”

I laughed. “Are you blind? I’m with Kristen.”

“What? Michael said you and her were just friends. I mean, she’s carrying his baby.”

I nearly growled into the phone. “It’s not his and neither is she.”

“I’m sorry, Rob. I’m really confused. I guess that’s why Kristen had it out for me that night she showed up at your hotel room, huh?”

“Yea, and due to your little stunt you pulled today, she won’t even speak to me.”

She sighed. “What the fuck is Michael trying to do? I’m so pissed at him. He made me look like a idiot. I’m so embarrassed.”

“Don’t worry about it. Listen, maybe you can do me a favor. Stay on the phone.”

She agreed and I headed inside. Kristen and Michael were on the couch, sitting a little closer than I would’ve liked. I was sick of his shit. I didn’t say a word. I pulled his short ass off the couch by his shirt and threw him into the adjacent wall. A picture fell and shattered on the hardwood floors.

“I’m not stupid. I know what you’re trying to do. It’s not going to work. Get the fuck out of my house before I kill you.”

He kicked me in the knee, sending me to the floor, he straddled me and took a couple of good swings at me.

Kristen was screaming. “Both of you stop it!! What the fuck, Rob? Quit!”

I pushed Michael off of me and slammed his head against the floor. There was blood dripping from my nose and it made me even more angry. I punched him in the face as hard as I could. I was certain I broke his nose, and possibly my hand. I pulled him up by his shirt and leaned him against the wall. He didn’t look good.

“Tell her what you did, or I’ll do it again,” I demanded.

He turned his head from me. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he mumbled, his mouth full of blood.

I kicked him in the side. “Fine, I’ll let Kacie tell her.” I reached for the phone in my pocket.

His eyes popped open and he stood and lunged at me. We both fell over the couch, almost taking Kristen out. His hands were around my neck, I couldn’t breathe, there was blood running down the back of my throat, complicating things even further. I was on my back, backwards on the couch, my legs over the back of it. Michael was leaning over me, still choking me. My vision was blurring but I saw Kristen approach Michael from behind, she pulled on his shirt and his arm.

“Stop it! He can’t breathe! You’re going to kill him!” she screamed.

Michael flung his right arm back, pushing her away, and into the bookshelf behind her. With one hand gone from my neck, I pulled him over the couch using his other arm for leverage. We both struggled to get to our feet. I glanced back to see if Kristen was okay, and by the time I turned back around, Michael was coming at me. I ducked and missed his first swing. We both got a few more hits in before we were both suddenly covered in scolding hot water. Kristen had poured a pitcher of hot water over both of us.
“Stop!!! Both of you stop!” She ran between us, knowing we wouldn’t hurt her, at least I wouldn’t. “What the fuck is going on?” she yelled.

“He put Kacie up to this whole thing! He told her we weren’t together, and the baby was his,” I said, looking straight at Michael.

“He’s full of shit,” Michael spat.

I pulled Michael’s phone from my pocket and held it up and twirled it around in my hand. “You shouldn’t leave your doors unlocked.” I pressed the speaker phone button. “Kacie, are you still there?”

“Yes.”

“Do you have anything to say to Michael?” I asked her.

“Yea, what the hell, Michael? Why did you lie to me? You made me look like an idiot. Kristen, I’m sorry. I had no idea.”

I could see the confusion on Kristen’s face.

“I didn’t lie to you,” Michael tried to cover his tracks.

I threw Michael’s phone to him. “Would you like to let yourself out, or may I have the pleasure of throwing your ass out?”

Michael screamed in frustration and swung his arm at the large lamp on the side table, knocking it to the floor, the light shattering. He stormed out, slamming the door behind him.

**Kristen POV**

I was too angry to even attempt to form words. I went back to the kitchen and grabbed the broom and a few towels and began cleaning up the mess they made.

“Kristen, I will take care of this, stop,” Rob reached for my hand.

“Don’t touch me!” I screamed. “Would you go get a fucking tissue and stop bleeding all over my goddamn rug!”

He sighed and walked away towards the bathroom. I was so mad I couldn’t see straight. I felt better about the whole thing with Rob and Kacie and I still hated Michael, but I was pissed that they damn near killed each other right in front of me. They acted like they were in high school! Not to mention the fact that I spent all day cleaning the fucking house and now it was practically destroyed.

I looked up to see Rob coming from the hallway with two red tissues hanging out of his nose.

“I hope that hurts,” I said sincerely.

“Uh...thanks?”

I ignored his sarcasm and continued trying to clean the mess on the floor. As soon as I’d clean the blood off the rug, it would reappear.

“What the fuck!” I screamed, frustrated.

Rob was just staring at me. “Kristen, baby, you’re hand is bleeding. I would’ve told you sooner, but it was just entirely too entertaining.”

I turned my hand over; it was bleeding. A piece of glass from the broken light bulb was sticking out from it. I pulled it out quickly. “Ouch!” I jumped up and headed to the kitchen to clean it off.

I felt Rob come up behind me, his arms snaking around me. I turned the water off at the sink. “I told you not to touch me,” I said through gritted teeth.

He scoffed and backed away from me. “What is your problem now? There’s nothing going on between her and I, I thought I made that clear,” he was raising his voice.

“Ugh! Sometimes you can be so dense! It’s not about her! You come barging into the house and just start attacking Michael! You practically destroyed my living room and your face! I happen to be very fond of that face and now it’s all beat to hell!” I screamed. “Not to mention the fact that my favorite lamp and rug are ruined!”

Rob laughed. “I’ll buy you another one.”

As soon as he spoke, there was loud knock at the door.

“Jesus Christ, what the fuck does he want now.” Rob stormed off towards the door. Just before he swung it open, we both heard, “LAPD! Open up!”

Rob’s hand froze as it reached for the door knob. He shot me a questioning look.

I shook my head. “I didn’t call them, I swear.”

Rob sighed and opened the door.

“We had a call about a domestic dispute. Do you mind if we come in for a moment?”

Rob stepped back and let them in.

“What’s going on here?” one of the two officers asked.

“Nothing,” Rob answered.

The older police officer looked at me. “Ma’am are you alright?”

I nodded my head. The two officers walked into the living room, looking around, and I knew we were fucked.

“It certainly doesn’t look like nothing was going on here. Why all the mess? What happened to your face, son?”

“Um, there was a prior altercation with another guy,” Rob answered.

I walked over to them in the living room. I cursed under my breath when I noticed the younger police officer eyeing my hand wrapped tightly in a towel.

“What happened there ma’am?” he asked.

“I just cut my hand when I was trying to clean up.”

The police officers continued walking around. When they went to enter the hallway, I stopped them. “Is this really necessary? There’s nothing going on here. You can leave.”

“Well ma’am, we had two calls to this residence concerning a domestic dispute. It appears that you two are the only people here. You’re both injured. It looks to me like something is going on here.”

I bit my tongue so I wouldn’t say something stupid.

Rob spoke up. “Listen, I got into an altercation with a guy who was previously here. He is probably the one who called you. He’s gone, everything is fine. She cut her hand on a piece of glass. It’s not a big deal.”

“I’m going to need you to step outside with me.” The officer walked up to Rob and led him out the front door by his arm. The remaining officer interrogated me repeatedly about what was really going on. I told him the same story Rob did and I was having a really hard time keeping my cool. The officer that was interrogating me went outside and I followed him.

They were putting Rob in hand cuffs. “What the fuck are you doing?” I screamed.

“Ma’am, for your own safety, we are going to take him down to the station and hold him for 24 hours. You can continue with pressing charges at that time.”

“Press charges for what? He didn’t do anything! I don’t want to press charges!”

Rob was quiet. He must’ve already been told what was going to happen. They started to lead him down the front stairs. “Wait!” I yelled. I ran up to Rob and pulled the tissues out of his nose. I pulled on the hem of his shirt and dabbed the cut above his eye. If Michael was behind this, then cameras were surely nearby.

“I’m sorry,” I cried.

Rob shook his head. “It’s okay. Let’s just not make a scene.”

I held his face between my hands and pressed my lips to his. “I love you. I’m sorry about everything. I’m not mad at you. Don’t let any big burly guys touch your ass.”

Rob laughed. “I love you.”

They started pulling him away. “I’ll come for you as soon as they let me!” They placed Rob in the back of the car and he disappeared down the drive in a matter of minutes. I rushed inside and called Rob’s agent and lawyer. We had a small task force created in a matter of minutes. Rob’s lawyer insisted he’d have him back to me within a couple of hours.


Author’s Note: Hi! Sorry for the delay on this update. It’s been a busy two weeks! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading! :)

**CHAPTER 18 - CLICK HERE**

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I can't imagine Rob getting in a really intense fight like that, I'd like to think that he would if it involved Kristen. I like how this story has him and Kristen fighting because it shows how they're human, and not this perfect couple people usually portray them as in fanfic. Oh, and that line Kristen says about Rob not letting big burly guys touch his ass was hilarious, especially in the context of him getting arrested. I could just imagine Ryan Seacrest reporting the incident, and TMZ showing the footage. That's a good soundbite.

I can't wait for the next chapter, and for the arrival of Mini Robsten. Because that kid better be Rob's baby.

AllOrNothingKR said...

Thanks Tricia...that's why I started this fic. I was tired of the always flowers and rainbows portrayal of R&K in fanfics! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi. I have been reading your stories from FF and I have to say you`re story is by far the best I have read. Dont like the whole Kristin getting knocked up, but you make it seem more realistic and thats not often seen.
So keep it up and give us another great chapter to read.
THANKS :D

mina said...

Please post a new chapter :)x love robsten <3

Krystlene said...

i love how this is so realistic, with the fighting and going to jail. it shows that life isnt perfect (even for a celebrity)
♥ this series! UPDATE SOON :D

Jess said...

BLAHAHAHAHA.... That was so funny. Poor Rob wouldn't last 24 hours in lock down. He's just too pretty!

Kate said...

I started reading this today and couldn't stop! I first started to read your story Repentance and thought, wow this is so awesome, she probably wrote other stories that are this good. Well I was right! Absolutely love it, keep up the good work!...and update soon :)

Kristi said...

This story's really good. I was reading Repentance and thought I should check out your other stories. At first, I didn't think I would like it, but it's great! Can't wait to read more!!!! Update soon!