Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Never Think - Chapter 15


CHAPTER 15:

Rob POV

I caught a lot of flack for showing up on set nearly four hours after I was scheduled to be there. I knew there were a lot of important scenes to film that day and now we were well behind schedule because of me. Well, actually it was Kristen’s fault, but I couldn’t blame her.

The day drug on. It seemed like the longest day in history. I hated filming in Manhattan. Girls were constantly following me, jumping on me, chasing me, I just wanted some pace and quiet. It was noisy and stuffy here and I was constantly on display. I couldn’t even sneak away for a smoke without being photographed.

By the time the day was over, I was relieved. I was gathering my things in my trailer when one of the producers walked in. He asked that I take his niece out to dinner, as a favor to him, and to make up for my lack of reliability today. I was hesitant at first, but finally agreed when he said she was a 25 year old musician and wasn’t all “crazy fan girl.” He said she would be arriving in town next week and would be working on set with us for the remainder of the shoot as an intern. She was a part-time actress in L. A. and was also attending college for the film and music industries.

I reluctantly agreed to take her out the following week. I regrettably failed to tell Kristen about this beforehand. In retrospect, that was my first mistake.

Kacie was, no doubt, a very attractive woman. She was nearly as tall as me, with long blonde hair and perfect facial features. She had a tan straight from the sunny Pacific Coast beaches. I arranged dinner for us at an exclusive Manhattan restaurant, not that I gave a damn about impressing her, but I thought it would keep things more discreet and private.

We decided to meet at the restaurant and I knew her as soon as I arrived. I had noticed her on set the previous day and wondered who she was, as I had never seen her before.

We were seated immediately.

“Wow, Rob. This restaurant is amazing; I’m so glad my uncle convinced you to come out with me!”

I smiled politely. “It’s my pleasure.”

We talked briefly about things on the menu before ordering with the waiter. She was sitting rather close to me and it was a bit unnerving how she kept finding little ways to touch me.

She was a nice girl, and we did have a bit in common. Her knowledge of music and instruments rather surprised me.

It was as we were leaving the restaurant that I noticed how short the dress was that she was wearing. She had very nice legs, similar to Kristen’s, but longer and tan. I glanced at my watch. It was getting late, I needed to get back to my hotel room so I could talk to Kristen before she fell asleep. I must have stopped walking momentarily to check my watch. Kacie linked her arm in mine, pulling me along as we exited the restaurant. As if on cue, cameras started flashing. Kacie grabbed my hand and acted startled by the paparazzi.

She got slightly ahead of me and hailed a waiting cab. She grabbed my hand again, “Let’s just share a cab so we can get out of here!”

We both slid into the waiting cab. It wasn’t until then that I started to panic. It was only a matter of time before Kristen saw the photos and the ridiculous headlines that I was sure would accompany them.

We arrived a little while later at Kacie’s hotel. It was only a few blocks from my own. “Would you mind walking me up? I don’t want those guys to follow me.”

I hesitated momentarily. After realizing I would have to get out of the cab to let her out anyway, as I was sitting on the curb side of the cab, I agreed.

Just as we exited the cab, a van pulled up behind us, three heavy set men jumped out of the back, snapping pictures immediately. Kacie grabbed my hand and pulled me inside.

We arrived to her room on the 13th floor of the hotel moments later.

“You can come in and wait them off if you’d like. I don’t bite!”

I thought that may be best, so I took her up on her offer, vowing to myself not to stay long. Unfortunately, that is not how things turned out.

Kacie made me a drink, a couple of them actually, and she began playing her guitar. She was really talented. She could teach me a thing or two. We actually had a pretty good time together, alternating playing and singing.

I was laughing at her stupid song when I noticed the time. It was nearly 1:00 a.m.

“This has been fun, but I’ve really got to get going. I have to be on set early.”

She laughed and set her guitar down beside her. “I do too. I’ll see you tomorrow! We’ll definitely have to jam together again soon!”

I agreed and made my way out of her room and downstairs to the lobby. I waited until I saw a cab pull up outside and then I exited. Of course the cameras where still there, only now they had multiplied. I admit I had a little too much to drink and I stumbled awkwardly into a trash can when one of the flashes momentarily blinded me. I laughed at myself and fell into the waiting cab.

As soon as I got myself together I pulled my phone out of my pocket to call Kristen. I had two missed calls from her and a text message.

I missed you tonight. Must be working late. Love you - Kris

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I dialed her immediately. No answer.

I arrived at my hotel a short while later. There were no cameras; I must have beaten them. I tried Kristen again.

She groaned into the phone, “Hello?”

It was obvious she was sleeping.

“Hey, baby, did I wake you?”

“Yea, I’m tired. Talk to you tomorrow?”

“I really wanted to talk to you now.”

“It’s late. I have a headache. I wanna sleep.”

I sighed. “Alright, call me as soon as you wake up. Okay?”

“K.”

“Promise?”

“Yes!” She screamed and hung up. She wouldn’t remember any of this tomorrow. She didn’t like having her sleep interrupted. I sent her a text message, hoping she would see it in the morning.

Call me as soon as you get up. I love you - R


***

Kristen POV:

I woke up late the next morning and went straight to the computer. I was determined to start buying things for the baby’s room. I really wanted to have a few things for her before Rob got home from New York. I knew my mom had bought a few things already, but I had refused to let her bring them over up to this point. I guess things were really starting to set in.

Who would have thought there was so much selection in the world of cribs? I had no idea what exactly I should be looking for. There were so many options, portable, converter, mini, standard? I decided I should call my mom for advice. I went back to my bedroom to retrieve my cell phone and noticed I had three missed calls from Nikki, two from Rob and one from mom.

Nikki had called most recently, so I called her back first. After a little disagreement previously, regarding her telling Mike my whereabouts, we reconciled after she insisted she was so desperately worried about me and wasn’t in town herself to stop by.

“Are you okay?” she answered.

“Uh, yea, last time I checked. Why? Should I not be okay?”

“Oh, so you know about her? Who is she?”

“Nikki, what the hell are you talking about?”

“That girl, with Rob, in New York. Have you not seen the pictures? The tabloids?”

“No, I haven’t. I try not to read that crap anymore. What bogus crap have they come up with now?”

“Well, there are pictures of him arm in arm with a very attractive blonde, pictures of them leaving a restaurant together, returning to her hotel and according to the tabs, he didn’t leave until the early morning hours, and when he did leave, he was drunk and stumbling.”

I took a deep breath. “That’s ridiculous.”

“Well, did you talk to him last night?”

I thought about that for a minute. I had called him, he didn’t answer. “Hold on,” I told her, as I removed the phone from my ear and quickly glanced through my call log. He had called last night just after 1:00 a.m. and again just before 2:00 a.m. his time. According to the call log we only talked for 43 seconds. I remembered nothing of it. It was then that I noticed his text message.

“He called, after I had gone to bed. I just need to talk to him. I’m sure it’s nothing.”

“Okay, Kris. But look at the pictures, okay? At least see if you recognize her or something. They look awfully close in some of the pictures. I’m just trying to watch out for you. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“He wouldn’t...I’m sure it’s nothing. I’ll keep you posted, okay?”

“Okay, I’ll talk to you later. We have to get together when I get back to L.A!”

“Of course! Bye, Nikki!” I hung up and went right back to my computer and googled Rob’s name. I had all the faith in him in the world, until I saw those pictures. She was drop - dead - gorgeous. I knew the hotel he was seen coming in and out of, wasn’t the hotel he was staying at. My heart sank and my emotions took over. I didn’t know what to think. I felt stupid for thinking he’d want to stick around for this, when he could have that. I didn’t even want to hear his explanation. I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry, and I did just that.

I ignored his calls the first fourteen times my phone rang. I finally answered, being woken up from a nap.

“What!?!” I screamed.

He sighed. “Do not believe that shit. It is not what it looks like. I tried to tell you last night, you were asleep.”

“Who the fuck is she?!”

“She’s one of the producer’s niece. He just asked that I show her around, she’s working as an intern on the set for the last few weeks of shooting. She’s really a cool girl, but nothing happened and nothing will happen between us, regardless of what those ass holes say.”

I couldn’t talk. I just cried.

“Kristen, please. You know me better than that. You’re being ridiculous.”

“Am I, Rob? Are you saying that isn’t you in the pictures? You were leaving a hotel, that wasn’t your own, and you had been drinking, I could tell!”

He sighed. “Kristen, she and I went to dinner. Paparazzi bombarded us when we left, we shared a cab and she asked me to walk her to her room. She invited me in to wait off the paparazzi and we had a few drinks and played guitar and just hung out. Nothing more happened. I called you as soon as I left there.”

I exhaled a deep breath I was holding. “Rob, if you want her, you can have her. I don’t want to hold you back. You don’t have to stay with me just because there is a 50 percent chance I’m having your baby. I want you to be happy.”

“Jesus Christ, Kristen! What the fuck are saying? I don’t want her. You’re not holding me back. I don’t care whose baby you’re having. You make me happy, but not when you are saying crazy shit like this!”

“Ugh, Rob! Don’t you get it? Don’t put yourself in situations with really pretty girls and expect people not to talk. My phone was blowing up with people asking me what the hell was going on with you. That’s embarrassing, especially when the photos are so telling.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to embarrass you. Anyone that is anyone to you should know that is all bullshit.”

“Normally they do, but this looked different.”

“I’ve got to get back on set. I’ll call you later.”

“Okay.” I hung up.

He called later. I didn’t answer. I needed time to think about things. I needed to figure out if I would still keep this baby if Rob weren’t in the picture. I couldn’t count on him to always be there, to always want me. Would I be okay with a baby without him? The thoughts of being a mom at all were completely scary and disturbing to me. Needless to say, I never finished my baby shopping.

***

Rob and I were talking, but not as frequently. Things still weren’t the same as they used to be. I guess it was my fault. He was trying. I guess I just sort of built this wall around myself.

The following week, when new pictures came out, it certainly didn’t help the situation. The new pictures weren’t nearly as incriminating as the rest, but it was still disturbing. It seemed like him and this girl spent a fair bit of time together. I mean, I know she works on the set with him, but still. He always seemed to be smiling and laughing around her. It made me sad. I was mad at myself too. I’m not normally the jealous type. I trusted Rob. Maybe I just missed him. He’d be home in two weeks and things will start to get back to normal, I hoped.

I was restless that night. I called him before I went to bed. I could’ve sworn I could hear a girl laughing in the background. I tossed and turned for hours. The baby was very active, she wouldn’t stop moving. I was probably upsetting her. I eventually got online and looked at the pictures, again. I was becoming obsessed with it. I wanted to hurt that girl!

“Screw it!” I said aloud to myself. “He’s mine, and I’m going to get him and I don’t care what anyone else thinks!”

I quickly booked myself on the next flight to New York. I ran around the house frantically throwing some of Rob’s clothes in a bag, mine didn’t fit anymore. I put on my skinny jeans and fastened them below my belly with a rubber band. I wore an oversized t-shirt of Rob’s. My heart ached when I slipped it on, and it still smelt of him. As soon as it slid over my growing stomach, the baby kicked, hard.

I was shocked at first, and then I laughed. “Let’s go get daddy!” I quickly ran out of the house and jumped in the Mini to head to the airport.




***Author’s Note: Hey! Hope you guys liked it! I think the next Rob POV will probably be in Chapter 17. It’s fun to write from his POV! Thanks for reading/reviewing! Follow me on Twitter for the latest on updates! @AllOrNothingKR

**CHAPTER 16 - CLICK HERE **

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank U.. I love ur writting & the story is gettig so GOOD & addictive.. Matter of fact all 3 of ur stories R addictive... U R an amazing writter, please update soon if U can.. Luv & I know I am being greedy (LOL).

BetsMissTitz said...

I love all the new drama coming around..would love to read more of his POV while he is hanging out with this girl..she seems his type and Kristen being so distant from him can lead him to fall in the other girls arms..I really hope thats not the case but would like to see more drama around it. I wonder how in hell Kristen is going to show up lke that when no one knows she is pregnant..would this be the reveal..what if she find them both in a compromising position and she misunderstands..I want to see a girl-fight so much lol..even the baby wants to kick some ass ;)

anyway I love where this is heading..

Anonymous said...

♥♥♥ this story!!Soo addictive :D
TIME TO KICK SOME ASS KRISTEN woop woop!!
Please update soon :P

Anonymous said...

Thx Thx Thx fo posting... can't wait for the next one... and pls let it be robs baby