Monday, November 2, 2009

Never Think - Chapter 4



Chapter 4:

"I wonder what they're doing" Nikki groaned.

Taylor sighed. "Who knows. We're going to be late, we should go."

Everyone looked at each other in the limo not knowing what to do. It was the next morning and everyone was supposed to be on set at 7:00 am. It was ten till and at least a 20 minute drive and there was still no sign of Rob or Kristen.

"Maybe I should go get them." Ashley stated.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Taylor suggested. "They're probably having wild make up sex or something."

Everyone laughed.

"No way dude, they went to their own rooms last night." Kellan said seriously.

"Yea, and Kristen is not sleeping with him! She's still with mike! It is really unlike her to be late though." Nikki reasoned.

Peter chimed in. "We should go, they're adults, they can make their own decisions." Peter smiled and signaled for the driver to go.

"I'm going to text her, just make sure she's okay." Nikki pulled out her phone.

Kellan laughed. "I love how nobody is concerned about Rob! Kristen this, Kristen that!"

Everyone laughed and the limo pulled away from the swarm of paparazzi that was eagerly waiting a Robsten sighting.





I groaned at the sound of my phone going off, signaling a new text message. Rob and I were tangled together, I could hardly figure a way out of his grasp. When I reached over to the nightstand to grab my phone, Rob leaned up behind me, his face in my hair, kissing down my neck and shoulder. "Mmm. I could really get used to this. You smell amazing." He said.

I almost smiled and nearly fell back into his embrace when I flipped my phone open.

"Where the hell are you? Are you okay??" - Nikki

I was confused. I shut my phone and looked at the time. 7:05 am.

"Shit!!!" I pushed Rob of me, and jumped out of bed. He was still half asleep. He finally came to when he heard me screaming profanities.

"What's wrong?" He asked, and then he picked up on it on his own. "Oh, damn, what time is it?"

"Its after 7:00!" Kristen picked her phone up and sent a text to Taylor, Nikki didn't quite know the extent of her and Rob's relationship yet and she sorta wanted to keep it that way.

"Tay! Send the limo back to get us! I forgot to set an alarm!" Don’t tell about me and Rob please?" Taylor was seriously the best friend a girl could have. I would trust that guy with my life, I don't know what I would do without him.

I threw my phone down and headed towards the bathroom.

Rob was stumbling around the room trying to get his jeans on. "Where are you going??" Rob barked, looking back at me.

"I'm going to the bathroom, to shower." I said, stating the obvious.

"Kris we don't have time, just throw something on, they'll redo your hair as soon as you get there!"

Kristen hesitated. She was standing there nearly naked, holding a t-shirt over her chest, crossing her legs. "Um...Rob, I really need to shower, I sort of still have your babies inside me."

Rob couldn't help but laugh. "Your on the pill right?"

"Of course."

"Well just freshen up a bit, we have to go! Now! And besides , we would never make it out of this room if I had to see you all wet in a towel." He grinned. I love that grin, and he did have a point.

I disappeared into the bathroom. I was in there all of two minutes before Rob was yelling at me to hurry up. I came running out, I grabbed some fresh undergarments and put them on quickly. I frantically ran around the room collecting my clothes that had gotten thrown around the night before. I grabbed the first things I saw and threw them on.

"Ready!" I exclaimed. "My hair looks like a birds nest!" I laughed as we headed for the door, hand in hand.

Rob grinned. "Good, we'll be twins."

We snuck out of the room and headed downstairs, careful to not touch each other.

The limo had just arrived for us when we stepped outside. Taylor could have warned us about all the paparazzi. I thought. They seemed extra exuberant today. They usually just snap pictures because we never talk to them, but this morning they were full of questions. Why do they care where I was last night or what I was doing. It's so frustrating, definitely the worst part of this job. I made certain to stay a few feet ahead of Rob. I immediately climbed into the back of the limo and sat opposite Rob.

Rob shut the door behind him. "God, they're fucking ridiculous this morning."

"I know right, what's the deal?" And then at that very moment, staring at Rob it hit me. Oh my God.

"Kristen? Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

I started to panic. I looked down at myself and then back to Rob. "Fuck!!!" I screamed out. "Damn it. I'm so stupid."

"Kristen, what is it? What's wrong?" Rob questioned my sudden change in behavior.

Kristen half laughed, half cried. "Don't you get it Rob??? Look at us! We are both wearing the same exact clothes we had on last night when we got back to the hotel, and we look like we've had a few rolls in the sheets, we're late, put it together! The paps have! That's why they were asking all those questions!"

"Oh bloody hell." Rob threw his head back in frustration. "Damn it Kristen! This is why we can't do this. Don't you get it now?? No matter how careful we are, we will slip up."

I was in full hissy fit crying mode now. "I...I'm sorry. You were right. Don't be mad at me."

"Baby, I'm not mad at you. Trust me, you didn't force me to do anything I didn't want to do." Robert laughed to try to lighten the mood.

I put my head in my hands, still crying. "Mike." I whispered.

"Don't worry about him. We'll just deny it. Completely deny it to the press. We'll just say we weren't due on set until a later time, and the clothes thing, it's their imagination, last night's pictures were taken week before last."

"Ugh, I'm such a mess, I swear I don't even know what I'm doing anymore!" I cried out, frustrated at everything, at putting Rob and I in jeopardy, at having pictures to go along with my story to tell Mike as to why I'm not in love with him anymore. It was just getting to be more than I could handle, but I couldn't stay away from Rob. I wouldn't.

I felt Rob rubbing my back. "It's okay Kris, everything will be fine. You may want to call your agent and give her a heads up."

Rob and I called our agents and fed them the same story. I took a deep breath before stepping out of the limo onto the set. Everything will be okay. It has to be.






The pictures hit the newspapers, magazines and internet almost instantly it seemed. Our cast mates sort of turned a blind eye to the entire thing. I mean, I think they know the truth, but for our sake they don't get involved and they keep their mouths shut. Taylor was really the only one I ever talked to about it. Nikki bugs me incessantly to give her details, but I try to give as little as possible. It's just safer that way, until I end it with Mike. I had made it a point not to even look at my cell phone all day while shooting. I couldn't be distracted with everything going on until the day was over. I was seriously sucking at acting lately. I've never had a problem separating business from pleasure, until my business became my pleasure. I hadn't spoken to Rob all day and I kind of wanted to keep it that way. I need some space, just a little, to sort things out. I got back to the hotel and went to my room, avoiding even looking in Rob's direction when we stepped off the elevator at the same time.

I curled up on the couch in my hotel room and finally flipped open my phone. Four text messages and two voicemails. Three texts were from Mike. He had seen the pictures. The last one was from Rob.

Kris, are you okay? You seemed awfully distant today. I'd like to see you later if you want. - Rob

I texted him back. I'm okay, but I think I'm just going to try to get some sleep. It's been a rough day. I'll see you tomorrow.

The voicemails were from my mom and Mike. They had both seen the pictures and read the news, already! It's amazing how fast this stuff spreads. I mean, it's only been like 10 hours. Mike's message was slightly irate. My mom's was sort of giddy. She loves Robert. She likes Mike too, but I think she sees what Rob and I have. I sighed at the thought of having to speak to Mike, but I definitely owed him. God I feel horrible for doing this. I should have never cheated on him, it's just turning into more and more lies, and this time I don't know if I can talk my way out of it. I took a deep breath and dialed his number.

"Hey." He answered.

"Hi, I uh, I got your messages."

"And?" He said sternly, waiting for an explanation.

"Don't be mad at me Mike, I mean, you know this is all bullshit. They make shit up like this all the time."

"Kristen, you two were wearing the same fucking clothes you had on last night!" He yelled at me. He never yells at me.

"Mine were not the same.” I lied. “Rob and I didn't have to be on set until later, which is why we didn't ride with everyone else. Those pictures are manipulated. It wouldn't surprise me if Rob had worn the same clothes two days in a row, you know how he is. Yuck."

I heard Mike sigh. "So you're telling me there is nothing going on with you two?"

"Mike, how many times do I have to say it? Why don't you trust me?"

He took a deep breath. "Because I see the way you look at him. The way he looks at you. You don't look at me like that anymore." He barely whispered the words.

Tears stung my eyes and my heart ached. "Mike, that's all for the cameras. You know he and I are just friends." I pleaded. "Please, trust me." In that moment, I really did want to see him and to feel him, to reassure him. To reassure him of what though?? I wanted to be with Rob, at least I thought I did. Hot tears started to slide down my cheeks. I was so confused.

"Are you crying?" Mike asked.

"No." I lied. "Well, maybe." I laughed.

He laughed too. "Kristen, I'm sorry. This just isn't easy on me."

"It's not easy for me either, but you have to trust me and stop stalking me on the internet and filling your head full of crap!" I begged.

He laughed. "I do, I trust you."

I sighed. "I really wish I could see you now."

"Maybe I can rearrange my schedule a bit and come see you this weekend, I could only stay a day though." Mike said.

"No, no, you can't come here." I said too quickly, not thinking. "I...I should come to you. The paparazzi are crazy here!" I tried to cover. "Maybe I can like...fake an illness or something, take a day off and come see you."

"You don't think they'll get pissed? I mean, everything is scheduled around you." Mike asked.

I laughed. "What are they going to do? Fire me and find another Bella Swan? I doubt it."

Mike laughed. "If you insist."

I smiled. "I do. I'm actually off on Saturday. I'll start to get sick Thursday night and fly out Friday morning. I'll wear a wig or something."

"Okay, well keep me posted. I'll pick you up from the airport."

"Okay, I will, I better get busy trying to book a flight. I talk to you later okay?"

"Okay, I love you Kris, I'm sorry I doubted you."

"I love you too." I hung up.

What the hell was I doing??? I was so confused. I do love Michael, I care about him, I needed him. I don't want to hurt him. I can't imagine him not being in my life. But what about Rob?? Maybe I haven't thought this through. I mean, Rob is like the most wanted man on Earth, after we finish filming New Moon, who knows when I'll see him again? What if he falls for one of his other co-stars the way he did me? What if I've given up Michael and Rob gives me up? I was so torn, maybe seeing Michael would give me a better perspective.

I called my mom. She didn't offer any advice that I felt would give me a certain answer. She just told me to follow my heart. My heart was just as confused as I was. She agreed to book me a flight to L.A. this weekend so I didn't have to go through my agent. I was going to try to make it to L.A. this weekend without anyone knowing I ever left my hotel room, including Rob.


**CHAPTER 5 - CLICK HERE**

No comments: