Monday, November 2, 2009

Never Think - Chapter 3


Chapter 3:

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

I just stood there when I saw him. I didn’t know what to say.

“Can I come in?” Rob asked.

I took a few steps back and held the door open for him. When he was inside, I closed and locked the door and walked over to the bed, sitting on the edge.

He walked closer to me and stood within inches of me. “Kris, I’m so sorry.” He said as he ran his fingers through my hair, while tilting my head up to look at him.

Hot tears spilt over my eyes and I tried to wipe them away before they were noticed.

“What I said, it… it was wrong.” He said, half stuttering.

I stood up and pushed him out of my way. “Yea, no shit it was wrong! You have no idea how much I’m giving up to be with you!” I screamed at him. “And what do you do?? You practically call me a lying whore!” I didn’t try to hide the tears anymore.

“Kristen, I didn’t call you a whore.” He said, trying to rationalize with me.

"Well it was pretty fucking close." I yelled at him.

"Kristen, I'm sorry. I really am. This is hard for me too you know? All I've wanted since the day I met you was for you to be mine; for you to let your guard down and let me in and let it happen, let last night happen." He sort of laughed, and a faint smile spread across his face. "You know, I've imagined us being together, like we were last night, so many times, and no matter how good I'd imagined it would be, it didn't even compare to how good it really was."

I think the tears stopped pouring over at that point and I almost broke a smile. I listened intently to his every word.

"This may sound cheesy..." He said. "But for me, it was magical. It was like my wildest dream had come true. I mean, not to just get you in the sack." He laughed with his crooked smile. "But to hear you say the things you said and the fact that you really wanted me...and then for him to call and ruin it. And hearing you with him, telling him you loved him. It hurt me. I felt like you were being fake with me...I was upset. I did not mean the things I said to you. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm really sorry."

The tears started again at the thought of me hurting him. I was hurting him and Michael. "I'm sorry." I cried. "I do want to be with you Rob, more than anything else in the world, but I can't hurt Michael." My tears came faster and I couldn't wipe them away fast enough. "He's been so good to me, so understanding, he deserves to be told in person, I can't do it over the phone, I can't. I need to be with him." I pleaded for his understanding.

He didn't offer a response.

"He said he's got some time next month, that he could come up and see me. I can tell him then. I promise, if we can just make it a few more weeks, it will all be over between him and I."

There was silence for several minutes. He was thinking. He sighed. "Okay, but please, save me my sanity and don't talk to him around me."

"Of course, I'm so sorry." I stepped closer to him, within inches. I reached out for him, gently pulling on his gray t-shirt, pulling him towards me. His arms instinctively enveloped me. I looked up at him, wanting to kiss him, but he didn't make any attempt to lean down and find my lips.

"Rob, kiss me." I begged.

I heard him sigh, giving in to whatever was holding him back, and his lips finally found mine. He pulled me closer to him, one hand on the small of my back and the other on my face, occasionally running back through my hair. It was a passionate, heated kiss. I'm sure if we had of had the time, it would've led to more. He was the first to pull away.

"We'll talk more tonight. Okay?" He said.

That made me nervous, like there was something he was holding back. I searched his eyes for answers, but there was nothing. "Okay," I finally said.

"Let's get to the set before they retire Edward and Bella." Rob laughed.

It was a long day of filming. Nothing seemed to go right. I really appreciated how none of our cast mates hounded us about what was going on between us. I really think everyone else knew that I was in love with Rob, before I knew. It was silent in the limo on the way back to the hotel. Nobody talked. Everyone was exhausted. The paparazzi’s cameras seemed to flash a thousand times in the short distance it took everyone to make it from the limo to the lobby of the hotel. Thank god security kept the paps out. We all piled into the same elevator. A few of us got off on the 10th floor, and everyone else continued up to the 11th. I sort of just stood there, looking around. Would Rob come to my room? Should I go to his? He made the decision for me. He glanced up at me and then diverted his eyes, and walked to his room, closed the door and didn't look back.

What's up with that? I thought we were supposed to talk? I went to my room, alone. As soon as I closed the door, my phone rang. I was secretly hoping it was Rob, but I knew by the ringtone that it wasn't. I have got to change that! I thought to myself.

"Hey Mike."

"Hey babe, I haven't heard from you all day!"

I sighed. "I know. I'm sorry. It's been a crazy day, filming was awful today. Everyone seems to have gotten a little too relaxed on the break last week." I tried to laugh, convincingly.

Mike laughed. "Except you right? I'm sure you were on the ball, as usual."

"Actually, I just didn't sleep well, I was really tired today. It was hard to focus."

Two light taps and pound. There was a knock at the door.

Rob!

"Baby, I'm so tired. I really just want to go to bed. I'm sorry. Can we talk tomorrow?" I had to get him off the phone before I let Rob in.

Mike hesitated, a little taken back. "Uh, yea, Kris, that's fine. I hope you feel better. I miss you, a lot."

The guilt flooded over Kristen. How could I be doing this to him?? He's been so good to me. He knows me better than anyone, even Rob. I sighed internally. "Mike, I really miss you too." And I meant it. He was my safe place. My comfort zone. "We'll catch up tomorrow okay? I love you."

"I love you too Kris."

She was about to hang up. "Oh Mike! Wait!"

"Yea? I'm here, what's up?"

"I meant to tell you, I think I may be able to at least get some shorter days in, next month, if you think you could still come up for a visit?" I just want to get it over with. Am I sure I even want to do this?? Tears stung my eyes.

I could tell he was smiling when he responded.

"Yea, absolutely! I'll get my agent to book something tomorrow. I can't wait to see you."

I smiled. "Me either. I'll talk to you later. Goodnight baby."

"Night Kris, love you."

I hung up and laid across the bed.

Rob!!!

I had nearly forgotten about him. I ran to the door and opened it. He was half way back to his room.

"Rob!" I yelled his name, but it was only a whisper, so as to not draw attention to ourselves.

He turned around, his hands were shoved deep into his pockets and he smiled that incredible crooked smile that made my heart fall to the pit of my stomach.

He laughed and walked back to my room. "What the hell were you doing?" He asked.

Kristen laughed. "Sorry, I was in the bathroom! I didn't hear you." God, I'm going to hell. Now I'm lying to Rob too? What is wrong with me!

He followed me into my room. We sat on the bed. I just looked at him and smiled. I wasn't really sure I wanted to talk tonight. I just wanted to be with him.

He smiled back at me, his hand slowly reached up to my face. His thumb traced little circles on my chin.

My heart raced.

He grinned and gently placed his lips against mine. It was the sweetest, most delicate kiss. One of those kisses where you just know that this guy must be crazy about you.

We pulled apart, not letting ourselves come close to being carried away. I really was tired though, and wanted to get this discussion out of the way so I could get to bed. "So, are you staying here tonight?" I asked casually.

"I ... I don't think I should." He didn't look at me when he said it.

"Why not? Nobody saw you come in."

"It's not that Kristen. I told you we needed to talk tonight."

Oh no. I knew there was something he was keeping back.

I took a deep breath, ready to hear whatever he had to say. "Okay, let's talk."

He looked away again. His long fingers fumbled clumsily with the zipper of his black hoodie. "I just...I don't feel comfortable, being with you, when you're with him."

"What do you mean? He's not here, I'm not sleeping with him right now." I said, confused.

"I know that, but he will be here eventually. Cameras are everywhere. I don't want to be portrayed as that guy." He looked at me now, he grabbed my hand, and held it firmly as it rested on my knee. "I don't want you to be portrayed as that girl. I don't want to see a magazine with people calling you a whore, a cheater, a liar. You're none of those things to me." He laughed. "Well, I mean, technically, I think this is cheating, but you know what I mean."

It wasn't so funny to me. I need not be reminded about what I was doing, how horrible it was. He sensed my mood.

"I-I'm sorry." He touched my face. "I didn't mean any harm by it. I'm really just trying to look out for you."

I didn't say anything. I was fighting back tears. So, what was he saying??

He took a deep breath. "Kristen, I've waited what seems like an eternity to finally have you, for you to be mine. I can wait a few more weeks. I don't want your beautiful name tarnished because we can't keep our hands off of each other."

Kristen pulled her hand away from his. She stood up and turned to look at him. "But it will be a few more weeks, before he's here, before I can tell him. You're saying we can't be together at all during that time?" I was nearly screaming.

"That's what I am suggesting, yes. You know the media can be cruel Kristen, I don't want this to hurt your career."

"Well..." I fumbled for the correct words. "You...you can't just do what you did to me last night and expect me to forget about it for a couple of weeks!"

Rob laughed. "Kristen, I'm not a champion in the bedroom, I'm sure you can survive."

Is he insane?? He has no idea how much of a champion in the bedroom he actually was. "Rob, this isn't funny! Obviously I didn't perform all that well either if you don't even want me like I want you."

"Kristen, stop being foolish! You have no idea how difficult it is for me to stay away from you. Hell, I'm practically hard just being in the same room with you!"

I laughed. I guess I'll have to use my sex appeal to my advantage. I moved closer to him, straddled him on the edge of the bed. I wrapped my arms around his neck and started to lean in to kiss him.

He interfered with my pass and leaned back. "Kristen! Please! I'm only doing this because I think it is in your best interest. I don't want the media destroying your image."

He turned his face away from mine, avoiding my kiss. So he wants to play hard ball? I can do that. I ran my hand slowly down his chest. He looked at me now. I bit my bottom lip and tried to give my best sexy pouty face as my hand went lower, feeling the full length of his erection through his jeans. His eyes grew large. I grinned at him, knowing I had him now.

"Damn it Kristen!" He picked me up from his lap and threw me on my back, on the bed. He hovered over me, looking me in the eyes. "This is the last time we can be together like this until you tell him! Promise me you won't try to get me all fired up again?"

I tried not to laugh. "I promise."

"Why do I not believe you?" He smiled and brought his lips to mine, it was the beginning of several hours of making love and exploring each others wants and desires. It was nearly 1:00 am before we both finally gave in to sleep.

**CHAPTER 4- CLICK HERE**

No comments: