Thursday, December 24, 2009

Never Think - Chapter 11



CHAPTER 11:

I completely let my body go limp, rolled my eyes back and closed them, losing my balance and falling. I was prepared to deal with whatever injuries may follow to make it look real.

Ouch! Mother fucker! I don't know what all I hit on the way down, but I definitely hit my head. Hard. It took everything in me to not move a muscle on my face. I heard everyone's chairs scoot back and people yelling. Nikki and Mike were hovering over me. I wondered where Rob was. Everyone was talking and overreacting.

"Someone call an ambulance." I heard Nikki say.

Okay, that's it. I'm not going to the fucking hospital. I slowly opened my eyes, pretending to be disoriented. Mike helped me sit up. I reached to the back of my head, where I had hit it. It really did hurt.

"Baby, are you okay?" Mike asked.

I looked around for Rob. He was leaning across the table, looking down at me, along with everyone else. He looked relieved when I looked at him.

"I just...I just want to lay down. Take me back to the hotel please." I closed my eyes and let myself fall into his arms, leaning against his chest. I pretended to act weak. I felt Mike helping me stand. I heard someone else say something about an ambulance.

"No, no. I'm okay. What happened? I just want to lay down for a minute." I said, closing my eyes again. People were all around me, too close. I wanted to scream. I looked at Mike. "Please get me out of here."

He picked me up and carried me towards the front of the restaurant. I had my arms wrapped firmly around his neck and I looked over his shoulder. The entire cast was standing, watching us. I looked through them all at Rob. The expression on his face unreadable.

Mike put me down and helped me into the waiting limo. I guess it would have to come back for everyone else. I immediately laid my head down on Mike's lap, pretending to sleep.

"Kris, are you sure you're okay? You really need to see a doctor, you hit your head on the back of the chair really hard,” he said as pulled my hair back from my face.

"No, no. I'm okay. My head just hurts really bad. I just want to close my eyes for a few minutes."

"Baby, you may have a concussion."

"Just a few minutes. Please." I closed my eyes. I just wanted to make it back to the hotel before this whole ordeal blew the fuck up.



Mike opened the door to my room and led me to the bed. I was acting more alert now. I sat down on the edge of the bed. I looked up at him and reached my hand back behind my head, feeling the knot that was forming. "What happened??" I asked.

He sat down next to me. "Well, I sort of asked you to marry me, and you fainted and hit your head."

I laughed. "Are you serious??"

"Yes, I'm serious. Kristen, I want to be with you forever. I hate being away from you." He pulled the box out of his pocket again. He opened it.

Wow. That is gorgeous. My heart ached. It really did.

"Mike, I...I don't even know what to say. It's so beautiful."

He took the ring out of the box and reached for my hand.

I pulled my hand back, away from him. "Mike, I can't get married. I'm too young, I'm not ready to be married."

I'll never forget the look on his face after I said that. It was like someone had popped a balloon and let all the air out.

"Kris, we can have a long engagement, it doesn't have to be right now,” he begged.

"Michael, I...I don't know. I'm not ready for this."

"You're not ready for this?? We've been together nearly four years. What are you not sure about??" He stood up then. He was getting angry. Michael always had a bit of a temper, just not usually with me.

"I'm just too young to be married. I just turned 19, Michael! I'm not even old enough to drink. Marriage is a big thing. I'm just not ready for it."

He headed towards the door. "Well then maybe we should take a break from each other for a while. There's obviously someone else your interested in."

I stood up and walked over towards him. "Michael, I'm truly sorry. I want to stay friends with you, we've been through too much together, I...I just...I just don't think I'm in love with you anymore." I said honestly. There was no point in leading him on.

I could tell he was angry. I could practically feel heat coming off his body. He was fucking pissed.

"There is someone else," he said through gritted teeth.

I started to shake my head no, and realized there was no point. Tears stung my eyes. "I'm sorry, Michael. I'm so sorry, but it’s not like you’ve been perfect. I know you were tipping off the paparazzi to me while I was in L.A.”

"I don’t know what you’re talking about. It's Rob isn't it??" He screamed at me. I was seriously getting nervous for my safety. I've never seen him so mad.

I didn't say anything. I just stood there, shaking.

"You fucking bitch. You're fucking him aren't you!!" He screamed at me and lunged towards me, pushing me hard. I fell back into the entry table.

He was still coming at me and I held my arms up over my face in self defense. I tried to squirm backwards but there was nowhere to go.

"Tell me Kristen!" He yelled even louder. "You're fucking him aren't you?? Aren't you!!"

"Yes!!" I finally screamed out, hoping he would leave me alone. Tears streamed down my face.

He kicked me in my side. "Ahh! Ouch!! Stop it Michael! Stop!" I cried out to him.

He took a step back. "How long? How long have you been fucking him?" he asked.

"Only a few months. It just happened, I'm sorry Michael. I'm so sorry."

He shook his head. "I can't fucking believe you." He turned and kicked the door. Thank God it wasn't me. "I fucking trusted you Kristen! Every explanation you gave about the pictures, the rumors, I fucking believed you!!"

I cried harder now. This entire thing was horrible of me. I went about it all wrong and he was so mad. He's never so much as laid a finger on me. I'd never seen him like this before.

Owww! He kicked me again, but not as hard as the first time. "You're fucking worthless." He walked out the door, slamming it behind him and I absolutely fell apart.

I was crying hysterically. I was in so much pain, my back was throbbing. I reached for my phone to call Rob. I needed him. Now.

"Kristen? Are you alright?" He asked, in a low voice. I could tell he was still at the restaurant.

I couldn't even make my words come out clearly I was crying so hard. "Rob, please, come get me. Please." I cried.

"Are you okay? What happened? Where are you?" I could hear the panic in his voice, he's never heard me like this before.

"I'm in my room, I'm not okay. I need you. Please hurry before he comes back," I cried. He would come back for his things, at some point.

"I'm on my way," he said before hanging up.



I heard our knock on the door a few minutes later and I struggled to pull myself off the floor to let him in. I was surprised to see Kellan with him.

“What happened?” Rob asked, as he knelt down next to me on the floor.

“He got really mad, pushed me, kicked me, my back and side hurt really bad, I can’t breathe.”

“You need to go to the hospital.”

I just laid there and cried. I didn’t care anymore.

"He'll be back." I whispered to Rob. I pointed to the entry table, where his wallet laid. Not to mention his bags were still here.

"Does he have a key to the room?" Rob asked.

I shook my head yes.

"I'm going to fucking kill him. I'm calling the police," He started to stand up.

"No, no no. You're not doing any of that." I reached for his arm, and grimaced in pain. He leaned back down next to me when he saw I was in pain. "It's over now. It's over. I don't want to drag it out. It wasn't as bad as it looks. I deserved this."

Rob looked disgusted. "No you didn't. You did not deserve this Kristen. We’re calling the police." Rob looked at Kellan as if telling him to do it. “And we’re getting you to the hospital.”

I couldn’t argue anymore. I was in so much pain I didn’t care.

***

A phone ringing woke me up. I looked around. I was in the hospital. There was an IV in my left hand. I tried to sit up but I was extremely sore.

"Hey," Rob said, touching my arm and making little circles on it with his thumb. "How are you feeling?"

I was a little disoriented. "I'm sore, but I'm okay I think. My head hurts. What did they do to me? I don't remember anything after we left the hotel."

"They gave you something for pain, that's why you're so tired. You just have a cracked rib and a big knot on your head. You can go home in a few hours.”

Tears started pooling in my eyes as I thought about what happened. What a nightmare this day had been.

I started to say something when I heard my phone beeping, signaling a new text message. I looked around the room. "Where's my phone?"

Rob reached down and grabbed a plastic bag that had all my belongings in it. He dug through it until he found my phone. He handed it to me.

Kris are you okay? I just went back to the room to get my things, I'm so sorry. - Mike

I laughed in anger and threw the phone down at my side, on the bed.

"What is it?" Rob asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

Rob picked up my phone and looked for himself. "He's a fucking ass hole."

Rob turned my phone on silent then and put it back in the bag.

A little while later the attending doctor came in. “Mr. Pattinson, I need to speak to her alone for a few minutes if you don’t mind.”

“Sure.” Rob gave my hand a squeeze and he left the room.

“How are you feeling, Ms. Stewart?”

“I’m okay, I guess. My head hurts, my side hurts.”

The doctor went on to tell me about my cracked rib and I tried to tune him out. I was so tired.

“Kristen? Kristen?”

“What? Sorry, I zoned out.”

“I said, did you know you were pregnant?”

This time I really fainted. I think I was only out a few minutes though. I woke up to the doctor standing over me and a nurse taking my blood pressure.

“When was your last period?” The doctor asked.

I was so confused. Did he just say I was pregnant? My last period? “A few weeks ago, but it was light, I just spotted really.”

“When was your last normal cycle?” He clarified.

“Two months ago I guess.”

He took some notes on his clipboard. “Well, I suspect you’re somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks pregnant. You’ll need to get in to see your gynecologist as soon as you can. You’re free to go, here’s a prescription for pain if you need it, but use it sparingly, the rib will heal on it’s own, just take it easy for a while.”

The nurse smiled at me and turned to leave the room with the doctor.

Rob came back in as soon as the nurse and doctor left.

“Are you okay? You look really pale. What did he say?” Rob asked.

I couldn’t speak. I just stared at the wall.

“Kristen? Kristen? If you don’t talk to me I’m going to get the doctor.”

“No! No, I’m okay. Please, take me back to the hotel. I can go.”

Rob badgered me the entire way back to the hotel and I sat silently next to him in the car, unable to process what I had just learned.

He closed the door to my hotel room behind us. “Please talk me,” he begged.

“Rob, I need to be alone,” I said, as I sat on the edge of the bed.

The look on his face caused a pain deep inside me. I was hurting him.

“Kristen, I don’t understand,” he said, bewildered.

Tears stung my eyes and I went to him. I finally had him. Rob was all mine, and here I was pushing him away, scared to face reality. My hands cradled his face, his arms wrapped gently around my waist. “Rob, trust me. Please. I need some time. It’s not you. This has nothing to do with how I feel about you.” I felt a tear escape, fearing if he knew what I knew, he’d want nothing to do with me. I looked up into his eyes, noticing the shiny pools of water collecting there. My heart ached and I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him close to me. “I love you, Rob.”

He pulled back and looked at me, as if he weren’t expecting me to say that.

“I mean it. I’m not just saying that to get you out of here. I just need to some time to think.”

“I love you.” He kissed my forehead. “Please don’t leave me in the dark. I don’t know what’s going on, but it scares the shit out of me.” He turned to head toward the door. “I’ll check on you tomorrow,” he said.

I shook my head as more tears lost the battle and spilled over onto my cheeks. As soon as the door was closed I ran into the bathroom to get my make-up bag. I pulled out the purple case and opened it, closely inspecting the birth control package. It had been tampered with. These weren’t my birth control pills. My first thought was Michael. No wonder he was so mad. Had he been trying to get me pregnant??

I found my phone and called him.

“Kristen, I’m so sorry,” he answered.

“Michael, shut up. I don’t want to hear it. I want you to tell me everything. Right now. You either spill it, or I’m calling the police.”

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

“Ugh! Don’t play stupid, Michael! I’m talking about you tipping off the paparazzi and the guy in my parent’s house and why my birth control pills are messed up!”

He sighed. “Kristen.” He sounded like he was crying. “I had to know,” he said quietly. “I wanted to believe you, but you were acting so different. I’m sorry for everything I did.”

“Why was that guy in my parents’ house?”

“I had him follow you. He wasn’t sure if Rob was there or not, that’s why he went in. I told him to, I told him how.”

“I can’t believe you Michael! What the fuck is wrong with you! I thought he was going to kill me!”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t want to loose you,” he cried.

“How long have you been fucking with my birth control pills?”

“Four months, to no avail,” he admitted.

Oh. My. God. The sudden urge to vomit took over my body. “I hate you, Michael. Are you fucking happy now? You drove me away!”

“Kristen, wait!”

I hung up and ran to the bathroom. I threw up in the toilet once and laid on the floor crying. I had no idea who’s child I was pregnant with. I wanted to kill Michael. This was my life and an innocent child’s life he was fucking with, just to keep me. The thought of carrying his child was nearly repulsive. At one point, he was my best friend in the entire world, but now, the last thing I wanted was to be attached to him for the next 18 years.

I spent hours on the bathroom floor before finally calling my mom and pouring my heart out and begging her to come to Vancouver.


***Author’s Note: Well?? What do you think?!?! I hope you liked it! Thanks to everyone who commented/reviewed the last chapter. I’ve got to get a lot of work done on this story, but with any luck I’ll have another chapter out before the new year! I hope you all enjoyed it and I hope you all have a fabulous holiday! Merry Christmas!

Follow me on Twitter: @AllOrNothingKR

And read my newest story - Repentance! (Chapter 2 coming tonight or tomorrow!)

**CHAPTER 12 - CLICK HERE**

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!!!
I love your fic is so exciting *o*

I began to read your fic in FF.net but I read about the problem so here I am...

Happy New Year!!!

I'll wait anxious the next chapter... bye...

Anonymous said...

What an ass! I can handle the stocker and the paps being tipped off, but to mess with her pills! He deserves to be castrated! God help her if its Michael's, and does Rob even want kids? God I would be scared shitless if I was her and copletely freaking out.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Cougar71 said...

Love this fic!!!!! Best R/K story I've read!!! Can't wait to read the next chapter. I think there is only one left before I'm caught up. I hope you will be updating soon. I'll check out your other stories as well. This one, though, I LOVE!!!!!

Cricket