Sunday, December 20, 2009

Never Think - Chapter 10


CHAPTER 10:

***Author’s Note: Sorry this one is short - I just couldn’t pass up the cliff hanger at the end! :)

**********
I got back to my room shortly before 5:00 p.m. When I walked in Mike was standing across the room near the window, pacing back and forth on the phone with someone.

"Yea, yea I got it. I got it today."

He noticed me then and looked up at me.

"Hey man, I gotta run. I'll let you know okay? Alright, later."

He hung up. "Well there she is,” he said smiling and walking towards me.

"Hi." I smiled back. "What was that about? What'd you get today?"

"Oh, my buddy Chris and I were just talking about some email he kept trying to send me, which I finally got today."

"Oh, okay." I said. I didn't really care, I just wanted this night to be over.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around me, pressing his lips to mine lightly.

"Oh, about that. I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about our cast dinner tonight. I have to be there, but I'd like for you to be my date?" I smiled, hoping he wouldn't be too upset.

He laughed. "Ugh! I'm never going to get you alone!"

I sighed. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. We can be alone afterwards right? There's no after party bullshit?"

"Not that I am aware of, we will just come back here afterwards." And then I'll break up with you. I thought to myself.

"Okay, that sounds good."

"I'm going to jump in the shower, okay? I think we are meeting downstairs at 7:00."

"Do you know where we're going?" He asked.

"Um, I think it's sushi, nothing too fancy," I said as I disappeared into the bathroom.

I took a really long shower for obvious reasons. I just got so jittery being in the same room with him. Sometimes I was tempted to just blurt it out to him, but I didn't want it to be that way. I came out of the bathroom to figure out what I wanted to wear and I noticed Mike wasn't in the room. I looked at the alarm clock. We had to be downstairs in an hour. I wonder where he went.

"Hm. That's strange." I looked around the room for a note or something and then I checked my cell phone.

Two texts - one from Rob and one from Mike.

I'm counting down the minutes until your all mine. I do believe your other boyfriend is quite the charmer though. But don't let that sway you. I love you more. -Rob

What the fuck is he talking about and why is he texting me?? He said he wouldn't unless I did him first. I moved on to the next message.

Hey babe, I ran out for a few minutes. I'll be back soon. -Mike

I called Rob, he had just sent the message a few minutes ago.

"What a pleasant surprise," he said as he answered.

"Hey, I don't have long, what was up with that text?" I asked.

He laughed. "I saw your boyfriend in the lobby a bit ago. He's chatting up Ashley as we speak. He should be to your room any minute."

I'm so confused. "So Michael is hitting on Ashley? Is that what your saying?" I asked, trying to figure out why Rob thought Michael was such a "charmer.”

Rob laughed. "No darling, he will be charming you. You will see."

I heard mike unlocking the door.

"I gotta go!" I whispered.

"Kristen, remember I love you more." I heard him say before I hung up. I ran to the closet to pretend like I was looking for something to wear just as Mike came in. I had to walk around the corner to see him. I was standing there in my towel.

Oh my.

"Are those for me?" I smiled. They were seriously the most beautiful flowers I had ever seen. It was a huge array of tulips in every color possible. They were beautiful and they smelled divine.

Mike laughed. "No Kris, they're for my other girlfriend," he joked. "Yes they are for you."

Your going to wish you had another girlfriend by the end of the night, I thought.

I took the flowers from him, admired them, and set them down on the entry table. I turned back to look at him. "Why?" I asked him. Mike was a good guy, a great boyfriend, but he never just got me flowers for no good reason. In fact I think he's only gotten me flowers once, and that was after a huge fight we had a couple of years ago. He was laying on the charm tonight.

"Just because," he answered. He wrapped his arms around me. "Because I love you, and I've missed you, and you seem down lately, I thought maybe this would cheer you up." He kissed me.

I kissed him back with more fervor than I had in some time. I thought perhaps this may be our last kiss. I finally pulled away. "They're beautiful. I love them, thank you." I smiled.

"Your welcome."

He began kissing down my neck, his hands ran down my hips and I felt his right hand slip under my towel, inching it's way to my backside.

"Is this what you're wearing tonight?" He joked. "You look really hot."

I laughed. "Mike we can't. I have to get ready!" I said, pushing his hand back down. I pulled away from him and headed back to the closet.

"We have 45 minutes! Since when does it take you a long time to get ready?"

I laughed. "Since I'm not even dressed and my hair is wet!"

"Gah!" He said, laughing and falling back into a chair and flipping the TV on.

I threw on a short denim skirt with black leggings and a black top. I blew my hair out, attempted to curl it, and actually put on a fair bit of make up. I think there was a part of me that wanted to seem desirable to Rob, although fully knowing he wouldn't be able to be near me. I came out of the bathroom and picked out my favorite pair of sneakers.

"Okay, I'm ready!" I exclaimed to Mike.

"It's about time," he said. He had his jacket on and had obviously been waiting on me. He stood up and headed towards the door. I threw on a light sweater and grabbed my phone and cigarettes and followed him out the door. We rounded the corner towards the elevators and Rob was standing there, alone.

He looked speechless. I could see him eyeing me up and down. I spoke first. "Hey Rob, what's up?"

"Hey man, " Mike forced out.

"Hey guys. I wasn't aware you were in town Mike, good to see you again." Rob said, extending a hand.

Mike shook his hand and the elevator opened. We all stepped in and headed downstairs. Once we arrived to the lobby it was clear the limos weren't here yet because everyone was standing around talking.

"Rob, we're going to go out and grab a smoke, we'll see you there okay?" I said casually, grabbing Mike's hand and heading out the front doors. Just then one of the limos pulled up. I knew there would be two if the entire cast was going. I took a few quick puffs of my cigarette and put it out. I wanted to get in the first limo, hoping Rob would get in the second.

Mike and I were talking with Nikki and Jackson when I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out of the back pocket of my skirt and leaned to the side a bit, so Mike couldn't see. I figured it would be from Rob.

Did you do your sexy eyes and get all dressed up for him?? That frustrates me. You look so beautiful and I can't go near you. You're killing me. - Rob

How perceptive, he noticed my eye make up. I wouldn't say I was dressed up, but yea, I guess if I'm in anything other than skinny jeans and a tee, I'm dressed up. I laughed to myself. There was something appealing about the fact that I was attractive to him, that I was killing him. I didn't respond to his text message, fearing I would get caught. Our limo filled up quickly and I never even saw Rob come out of the hotel when our limo pulled away.

A few minutes later I felt another text.

I want to pull that little skirt up and have my way with you. I want you Kristen. - Rob

Oh my God! Is he trying to get me in trouble??
I thought. I wanted him too, though. He actually dressed up a bit tonight as well. He had black slacks on instead of jeans, and he wore dress shoes instead of his Nike's. He had a loose fitting dark blue button up shirt on that made him look good enough to eat. It complimented his eyes perfectly.

I want u too. I'll find a way to talk to you later tonight, I can't now, he's right next me. - Kris

I typed into my phone and sent it as fast as I could and put my phone away before Mike starting asking who was blowing up my phone.

We finally arrived at the restaurant and we all hurried inside. It was a bit chilly out tonight. We had a private room in the back of the restaurant with a very large long table. I believe it was originally put together to seat 18 but they had squished us all together, preparing for about 30 of us. My side of the table didn't fill up as quickly as I would have liked. I didn't want Rob to sit near me, I don't think I would be able to handle myself. I could tell the second limo had arrived when I started seeing people who didn't ride with us. Rob sat across from me, but he was a few people down from me on my left. Michael was to my immediate right and Nikki on my immediate left. Hopefully they would keep me entertained enough to not stare at Rob all night. The director made a few opening comments once we all had our drinks.

The food was really good, especially the sushi. I was actually having a good time with Michael and Nikki and trying not to pay too much attention to Rob. He was busy talking to Peter and his wife anyway. I had no idea when Peter's wife had come into town. I've been so wrapped up in my own little world.

Towards the end of dinner different people started making toasts about various things to do with the movie. Just before it seemed safe to get ready to head out to the limo, Mike stood up. I thought he was standing up to leave, until I heard him speak.

"I'd like to make a bit of an announcement," he started. He turned to look at me, and reached for my hand, asking me to stand with him. At that moment my heart stopped beating and I stopped breathing. What is he doing??? I thought as I stood up. This is so unlike him, to do or say anything in front of all these people, my co-workers. I stole a glance in Rob's direction. He looked at me with questioning eyes, as if I knew what was going on.

"I'm sure you all know Kristen and I have been together for a couple of years now..." he continued.

Oh. My. God. He isn't. He is not doing this. Not right now.


"...with her being gone so much lately filming these movies it has really made me realize that I don't ever want to be without her." He turned and looked at me, instead of everyone else.

Oh no. Please God, nooooo!!
I started sweating. My face was flushed, I'm sure my cheeks were the color of fire. I wasn't even hearing anything he was saying anymore, it was a blur.

He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a little black box.

Oh my god. Oh my God. Oh my God. What do I do??
I glanced at Rob again, my eyes huge. I couldn't possibly say no to Mike's proposal and embarrass him in front of all these people, but I couldn't say yes in front of Rob. Rob's face looked stunned, tortured and outright mad. As Mike began to get down on his knee, I only saw one solution to this problem.

I fainted. At least I pretended to...


***Author’s Note: Sorry to end it like that! ;) Big news coming in the next chapter! Thanks for reading! Comments/reviews are appreciated! And if you haven’t already...check out my newest fic “Repentance.” It’s posted here and on FF.net!

Follow me on Twitter: @AllOrNothingKR

**CHAPTER 11 - CLICK HERE**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh you rotten thing you... What the hell was that!? I mean seriously, your going to end the chapter there! REALY????... Its a good think I like you and this story or I'd be seriously pissed. Just kidding, that is awesome. Either Mike is a complete idiot to not realize that she is slowly closing herself off from him, or he knows and is trying to make a fool out of himself and her or Rob for that matter. sigh... don't leave me hangin over the holidays missy!