Saturday, December 12, 2009

Never Think - Chapter 9


Chapter 9:

Several weeks passed and things were as normal as they could be back in Vancouver, I guess. Rob and I snuck around and saw each other when we could, but we were really trying to keep things quiet until I officially broke up with Mike. Mike was doing better, finally. I was really starting to feel like I could end things amicably with him. He was coming up to Vancouver to spend a few days with me, and I decided I would end things then. I hated the thought of him being around Rob, but our filming schedule was tight and there was no way I could make it to L.A. to see him. Mike was supposed to arrive tomorrow and I really wanted to snag some alone time with Rob beforehand.

I called Rob, hoping he wasn’t asleep yet. We had had a long day of filming.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Hey, did I wake you?”

“No, I was just getting ready for bed. I was just about to call you to tell you goodnight,” he said.

“Aw, well why don’t you come tell me in person?”

“Hmm, that sounds like it might be a good idea. When is your other boyfriend arriving?”

“Rob! Stop saying it like that. He gets here tomorrow. I wanted to see you before he got here, since I probably won’t get to for a few days.”

“When are you going to tell him?”

“I don’t know. He’s only here two nights. Either tomorrow night or the night after.”

“Alright, well I guess I’ll be down to your room in a few minutes.”

“Okay.”

I hung up and stretched out across my bed, waiting for him.

Two knocks and a pound.

I smiled and got up and let him in. As soon as I closed the door I pushed him up against it, claiming his lips.

“Mm, feisty this evening, aren’t we?” he said.

I giggled. “Just a little; I missed you.”

He smiled. “I’ve missed you too, but before we go to bed, I wanted to talk to you for a minute.” He took my hand and led me over to the bed. We both sat down.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I know this is going to be hard for you, breaking up with him...”

I sighed and looked down. Even after everything that happened with Michael, a part of me still cared about him. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t dreading the next few days.

Rob continued, “I just wanted to let you know that I’m here for you, no matter what. I didn’t want you to think you had to hide your feelings about him around me. After you tell him, if you need me, I’ll be here.”

I just stared at him in disbelief. He was amazing. “Rob, you’re entirely too good to me. It will be hard, and I am dreading it, but once its over, it will be a relief. I do care about him. I just hope he doesn’t flip out, and we can at least stay friends. I just want it to be over. This entire thing, it’s not fair to you at all.”

Rob’s hand caressed my cheek, his thumb lazily traced my bottom lip. “I don’t see it that way. I see it as finally having a chance with you. I’ve always thought it would be impossible. I never thought you’d give us a try.”

“I’ve just been incredibly stupid. I knew what I felt between us was real, all along I knew. But, it was hard. Michael was all I’ve known. I felt like I had to remain loyal to him. He had been good to me...”

“I know, you don’t have to explain. I’m just glad I’m getting my chance.”

I smiled. “Me too.” I pressed my lips to his gently, savoring everything about him I could. We made love for hours. It was slow, sensual, and sweet. I took it all in, the feel of his skin, his smell, his hair, his scruffy face, fearing I wouldn't be able to see him for the next few nights.

It was nearly midnight by the time we tangled ourselves up with each other and settled in for sleep.

Knock, knock, knock.

I sat straight up in bed. I felt Rob’s hand on my bare back. “Lay back down, it’s probably just Nikki or Taylor.”

I exhaled and laid back down next to Rob, but I couldn’t shake the uneasy feeling I had.

Knock, knock, knock. “Kristen? You in there?”

I gasped and sat back up. “Michael.”

Rob looked panicked. "Shit! What do I do??" Rob looked at me, as if I had the answers. I had none. I began to cry, in defeat.

“Kris, don’t cry. I'll of think of something." He got of bed and pulled me along with him. He grabbed my phone from the nightstand and ushered me back into the bathroom, far away from the entrance to the room.

"What are we doing in here?" I asked after he closed the door.

"I thought he might call you. I didn't want him to hear your phone ring through the door."

I sighed in relief. "You're a genius."

He smiled. "Okay, here' s what we do. When he calls, tell him you're out, with Nikki or someone. Tell him you'll come back to the hotel and tell him to meet you in the lobby, downstairs. While he's gone, we get out of here. You can take the back stairwell, and go into the lobby that way, tell him you came in through the back to avoid the paparazzi."

"You're amazing!" I said, in awe of his plan.

"Yes, and I will just go back to my room, alone, and ponder all of the horrible things you two are doing to each other." He said sadly as he ran his hands through his disheveled hair.

"Rob, I'm not going to sleep with him." I shook my head. "I can't."

He looked a little relieved. He was about to say something when my phone rang.

I took a deep breath. "Hello?"

"Hey, baby, where are you??" Mike said.

"I'm out with Nikki, we just went to grab some coffee. Where are you?"

"Well, I'm actually at your hotel, I got an early flight, I was going to surprise you, but you weren't in you're room."

"You're here??!! I'll head back to the hotel right now. Meet me in the lobby, okay? I should be there in 15 minutes!"

Mike laughed. "Okay, be careful, I'll see you in a bit."

"Okay!" I hung up. "Whew."

"Let's go, we've got to get this place cleaned up." Rob said as he ushered me out of the bathroom. We cleaned up the room and headed to the door. Rob turned around to take another look at the room. "Are you sure I've got everything? I'd hate for him to find my knickers or something."

I laughed. "I'm sure you're wearing them, everything is perfectly tidy. Don't worry."

"Okay." Rob cradled my face in his hands. "Everything will be fine. I'm not going to call or text you, unless you do me first. I don't want to cause any problems."

I smiled. He was so incredibly understanding.

I took a deep breath. "Let's do this," I said, as I opened the door.

Rob went back to his room and I headed down the back stairwell. I was so unbelievably nervous. My knees were shaking. I really thought I was going to fall down the stairs and break my neck or something. I took a deep breath before heading into the lobby. I saw him sitting in a chair near the main door.

"Mike!" I went up to him and threw my arms around him.

"Hey Kris - Where did you come from?" He hugged me back.

"We came in through the back, to avoid the pap's. Nikki already went to her room."

"Oh, well let's get to yours!" He pulled me towards the elevator bank.

I laughed, I tried to stay light hearted and care free so he wouldn't sense my tension. I didn't know when I would do it, if it would be tonight, tomorrow, I just didn't know. I was an absolute train wreck.

We stepped onto the elevator and the doors closed and he caught me off guard, kissing me immediately. It felt...wrong. I mean, it wasn't like when Rob kissed me. I tried to seem into it, but it was difficult. It had been difficult for me even before now. The last several months Mike and I were together, the physical aspect of it just seemed forced on my end.

"Surprise," he said, after he finally pulled away from me.

It took me a minute to register what he was saying. He had surprised me by getting here early. "Surprise indeed!" I said laughing.

We stepped off the elevator and I instinctively looked to the left towards Rob's room. I couldn't help but feel his pain, to be sitting in there alone, wondering what Mike and I were doing. Suddenly I realized we were walking towards Rob's room. "Oh, no." I stopped Mike. I turned back around to the right. "It's this way, sorry, I always get turned around." I laughed.

Mike laughed. "What have you been smoking?"

I laughed. "Nothing, I'm just tired. It's been a long day." We walked into my room. My heart started beating faster. I felt like he would be able to smell Rob or something, or what if Rob did leave something behind? I was an absolute mess.

Mike sat his bag down and jumped on the bed. I just changed into my pajamas and got in bed as well. Mike was already down to his boxers and under the covers. We snuggled up to each other. He kissed me. How was I going to get through this?? He obviously expected sex. I couldn't do it. There was no way. All I wanted to do was run to Rob's room and hide.

"Kris? You okay?" Mike asked, noticing my distance. I felt his hand slip under my tank top.

"Yea, I'm sorry. I'm just so tired. I have to get up at 5:00 a.m." I said, as I reached over and grabbed my phone to set the alarm on it.

He pulled me closer to him. He kissed down my neck, his hand reached up to my breast. "I can be quick. I've missed you so much."

“Ouch!” He didn’t really squeeze that hard, I don’t know why I was so sensitive. "Mike, it's my time of the month." I said, as a last resort.

"Oh." He hesitated for a moment. "That doesn't normally stop us, let's take a hot shower." He responded.

Oh my god. He was never going to quit. I wanted Rob so bad I nearly burst into tears. "Why are you being so persistent? I'm sorry, I just really don't feel up to it, my stomach is cramping, I really just want to get some sleep,” I lied.

He laid off then. "Oh. Okay. I'm sorry, I just miss you being around."

"I know, I'm sorry too, I'm a party pooper tonight." I laughed. "I should be done around 5:00 p.m. tomorrow. We'll do something, just the two of us. Okay?"

"Okay." He kissed my forehead. "Get some rest baby; I hope you feel better."

"Thanks, good night." I rolled over and grabbed my phone again. I held it off to the side of the bed so Mike couldn't see it. I sent a text to Rob.

Don't text me back. I just seriously miss you. I didn't have the nerve to tell him tonight. I will tomorrow. I'm coming to your room at 6:00 a.m. Make sure you're awake to let me in. xoxo - Kris

I set the phone back on the nightstand and tried to get some sleep. I knew both Rob and I didn't have to be on set tomorrow until 8:00 a.m. I had to get a few minutes with him alone before we started filming.

*****

It was 4:45 a.m. I was laid in bed awake, and stared at the ceiling. For once, 5:00 a.m. couldn't come fast enough. When my alarm finally went off, I jumped out of bed, careful to take my phone with me. Mike was never a snoop, but just in case. I took a long, hot shower. I had nothing better to do to pass the time. I didn't even dry my hair, I just pulled it up on top of my head in a messy twist. I put some powder on my face, so I didn't look so pale. I brushed some clear lip gloss on and put just a dab of perfume on in the appropriate places. Nothing like a hot date at 6:00 a.m. I smiled to myself in the mirror. I couldn't wait to see him. I looked at my phone, it was ten till 6:00 a.m. I thought I'd send Rob a text to remind him, to make sure he

Morning baby, I'm about to head your way. You up? (You can respond). I turned my phone on silent and sat on the edge of the tub and waited.

He responded almost instantly. Morning luv, of course I'm up, I'm waiting for you...

I smiled. I took one last look in the mirror, and quietly opened the bathroom door. I grabbed my bag and kissed Michael on the cheek. "I'll see you tonight."

He mumbled something unintelligible and I quietly left the room. The hallway was deserted with the exception of an older business looking man stepping out to grab his paper.

I knocked, our knock, on Rob's door. I barely finished and the door was open.

I smiled as soon as I saw him. How did I ever go so long without him, without us, like this? I thought.

"Rob!" I hugged him, hard, nearly knocking him back.

He laughed. "Gosh, you're awfully glad to see me."

"You have no idea." I laughed. "I don't know what I was thinking, having him come here. It was the worst possible thing. I feel so bad, and it's even worse having to be in the same bed with him, wishing he were you."

"Um...did you two?" He hinted towards his question without actually saying it.

"No, no way. I couldn't. He really was persistent, but I told him I was on my monthly."

Rob crinkled his nose up. "Ew."

I laughed. "Yea, but I'm not, and we have approximately 1.25 hours until we have to be downstairs." I winked at him.

Rob smiled that crooked smile. "Hm, Kristen gets kinky in the morning?"

I giggled. "I'm always kinky around you." I reached up and kissed him. He pulled me back with him onto the bed. I hovered over him, admiring his grin and his beautiful eyes, looking back at me. He pulled my t-shirt up and over my head, tossing it somewhere far away.

"This is hot." He said, as he fumbled with my wet hair, all twisted up on my head. "But I'm going to have to let you're hair down." He pulled at my elastic pony tail holder.

"Ouch!" I laughed.

"Sorry, I'm not good at these things." He gave it one more strong pull and my semi-wet big curls of brown floated down my back, and over my shoulders. I got a chill from the dampness of it, touching my bare skin.

He smiled as he ran his fingers through my wet locks. "You're absolutely beautiful. A natural beauty, yet so unbelievably sexy and desirable."

I felt my cheeks turn pink. "Thank you."

He pulled me down on top of him and kissed me, the most sensual kiss. We had our fun in the sheets and were laying side by side under the covers catching our breath.

"Don't fall asleep." I joked. I leaned up to look at the alarm clock on the nightstand. "We have to be downstairs in 30 minutes."

I felt a heavy sigh escape from Rob. "I know. I wish we could stay here all day." I was curled into his chest and his arm was around me, tracing small circles on my upper arm.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I shot up and looked at Rob. "Who is that??" I knew it wasn't Mike, he would never knock so damn loud. I nearly had a heart attack.

"I don't know," he said, sitting up.

We both looked at each other, neither of us moving.

"Yo Rob! It's Kellan - open up!"

"Whew." I sighed with relief. I started to get out of bed.

"Where are you going?" Rob asked, alarmed. "You're not answering the door like that!"

I was butt naked. I laughed. "I know silly, I'm going to hide in the bathroom. You take care of him. " I picked his gray boxer briefs up from the floor and threw them to him.

"Right." Rob said, as he stood up to put on his boxers and lounging pants that were nearby.

Rob opened the door. "What's up, Kellan?"

"Hey man, you got an electric razor I could use? Mine just got fried, dropped the damn thing in the toilet!"

Rob laughed. "Uh, yea sure come on in." As Rob was walking to the bathroom he realized I had gone in there to hide. He spoke loudly, so as to warn me. "So how did you drop your razor in the loo??"

"Dude, my cell rang and scared the shit out of me!" He laughed.

Rob slowly opened the bathroom door, peeking inside to make sure I had gotten the clue and was behind the shower curtain.

Rob pulled the razor from his travel bag. "Here, just take it to...."

ACHOO!

Fuck!!! I sneezed. I couldn't hold it.

Rob started coughing, trying to cover for me.

"Dude!!" Kellan exclaimed. "Have you got a chick in here???"

I could tell Kellan was coming closer so I had to poke my head out of the side of the shower curtain, before he pulled it back and fully exposed me. "Um...Hi, Kellan."

"Whoa!!" He looked back and forth between Rob and I. "Dude, give me some love!" He did this weird handshake, gesture, man thing with Rob. "That is awesome! I knew something was going on with you two, but I didn't realize you guys were hooking up. How long has this been going on??" He said, looking at me. "Wait!" It was as if he had a sudden realization.

I hung my head. Oh God. We're so screwed.

"Kellan, that's not appropriate to ask a lady." Rob said.

Kellan laughed. "No, I'm pretty sure what isn't appropriate is the fact that I could have sworn I saw Mike in the lobby last night when I came in."

My eyes flew to Kellan’s. I nearly jumped out of the shower - naked. "Rob give me a fucking towel!" I demanded.

Rob grabbed the nearest towel from the back of the door and handed it to me.

I wrapped it around myself and stepped out. I was furious. I cornered Kellan up against the sink and pointed my finger in his face. "You don't tell anyone!! You fucking understand me?? Mike's here because I'm going to end it with him, he doesn't know yet. Don't fuck it up, Kellan. I swear to God if you tell ANYONE about Rob and me....I will fucking kill you."

"Whew! Feisty!" He turned to look at Rob. "Is she like this in bed??"

Rob didn't know what to say, and he didn't have to say anything. My hand instantly flew across Kellan's face, smacking him hard. I just stared at him, trying to burn a hole in his eyes. "Keep.Your. Mouth. Shut!"

"Kristen, calm down." Rob interjected. Pulling me away from Kellan.

"Jesus Christ - I won't tell anyone, I won't." Kellan held his hand up to the red spot forming on his face. "Ouch, that fucking hurt."

Rob handed Kellan the razor and it's accessories. "Alright man, I think you should probably get going."

"No shit. Listen, Kristen, I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to. I was just playing. I won't tell, I promise. I don't want to get in the middle of this shit."

I sort of felt bad. Maybe I did overreact. Maybe not. He was pretty fucking rude, insinuating I was some whore or something.

"Apology accepted. And for your information Kellan, Rob and I aren't just fucking, I'm not some whore!"

"Kristen..." Rob was warning me to watch what I said.

I looked at Rob. "I'm not! I'm not!" I shook my head. Was I trying to convince myself? I nearly started crying. What else do you call a girl who cheats on her boyfriend? Who sleeps with another man while her loving boyfriend is three doors down, sound asleep, with no idea.

And I lost it. Tears started pouring.

"Kristen, I don't think you're a whore, I'm sorry! I won't say anything! I promise." Kellan said, trying to smooth things over between us.

Rob sighed. "Kellan, I know you don't think that." Rob began walking him out to the main door. I followed, but waited behind the partition to the bathroom to listen. "Sorry man, it's been hard on us. Especially her. But, like she said, we're not just sleeping together, we are together. I'm crazy about her, I love her, I don't want her to get hurt or be labeled in all this mess with Mike. You keeping this confidential is really appreciated, by both of us."

I melted. He's crazy about me. He loves me. I smiled. He referred to us. I really wanted to just get things over with tonight with Michael. I would do it tonight.

I heard Rob and Kellan give one of those manly hugs/hand shakes. "No problem man, seriously. I'm happy for you. I hope everything works out. I won't say a word - not that everyone doesn't already suspect it, but I won't say anything. Please, apologize to her again for me. I was really just playing."

I heard the door open.

"I know, she knows too. I’ll tell her. I guess we'll see you downstairs in a bit?" Rob asked.

"No man, I am off today! I'm going to town to do some site seeing and shopping. But I will see you both tonight!"

"Tonight?" Rob asked.

"Yea man, the cast dinner is tonight, remember?"

"Oh, shit. I totally forgot. Mandatory, huh?"

"Yup! See ya there bro!" Kellan left.

I heard the door shut and I peaked around from my hiding spot, still wrapped in my towel. I gave Rob the most innocent sweetest face I could muster up, fearing he was mad at me.

He grinned, that grin that makes me turn to putty. He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me. "I'm not mad at you," he said.

I smiled. "Good, sorry about my outburst."

"It's alright. I should've said more. I should've hit him." He laughed.

I laughed too. "No, I got too much pleasure from it!"

"I'll remember not to piss you off!" Rob joked.

I reached up and kissed him. "So, you're crazy about me?" I asked, it came out against his lips, just barely a whisper.

I could feel him smile against my lips. "Terribly," he said.

I smiled and kissed him again. "We have got to get out of here!"

Rob sighed. "I know." He headed towards the bathroom and then stopped and turned around. "Oh, hey, did you hear what he said? That cast dinner is tonight."

"Oh! Yea. Fuck! I promised Mike we would do something alone, so I could tell him." I took a deep breath and blew it out quickly. "I guess I'll just invite him to come with me. It will sort of let me avoid conversation with him until we're alone."

Rob shrugged his shoulders, obviously not excited about me inviting Mike to be my date to the dinner.

"Ugh! Rob, what else can I do?? He's still human, he still came all the way here to see me, I can't make him stay locked up in my room all the time."

"It's fine." Rob said, not very convincingly. He turned around and went into the bathroom. I got dressed, for the second time that day. I sat on the bed waiting for him to come out.

"Why are you still here?" he asked when he came out.

It caught me off guard. I felt a lump forming in my throat. "I was waiting on you?"

"Well, that's very sweet of you, but we can't go downstairs together," he said sternly.

I stood up from the bed. "Right. Sorry." I headed to the door and he didn't even try to stop me. I turned around to look at him from across the room. "Rob, I'm doing the best I can, it will be over soon. I promise."

He sighed. "I know you are." He didn't move from where he was standing.

I wanted him to come kiss me. We surely couldn't get any more alone time together for the rest of the day or night. "I won't get to touch you again...until tomorrow maybe."

"I know. I'm not going to kiss you. It will give you more reason to get the job done faster." There was no hint of him joking. He was serious.

"Ugh." I said in frustration. "You're impossible. I thought you said you were going to be there for me." I opened the door and left, not waiting for his response.

I made my way downstairs and crawled into the waiting limo. For once, I wasn't the last person to arrive.

"I heard Mike was in town," Nikki said.

"Um, yea, he is." I replied, looking down, trying to convey the message that I didn't feel like talking.

"Um...I actually ran into him. A few minutes ago," Nikki revealed.

That caught my attention. I snapped my head up and around to look at her. "What do you mean? Where? Where is he?"

"Well, he was in your room, I was looking for you. I didn’t know where you were. He said you left hours ago."

FUCK!!! She could read the panic on my face.

"Don't worry Kris, I covered for you. I told him I completely forgot you had to be on set early today."

Just then Peter and Ashley got in the limo.

"Thanks, Nikki." I said. I was grateful the others had joined us. It would no doubt put an end to the questions she was dying to ask.

I felt my phone vibrate in my jacket pocket. I pulled it out to look at it.

I'm sorry Kristen. I am here for you, always. This is hard on me too. It kills me to see you with him. It absolutely kills me.

I felt tears sting my eyes. I took a deep breath to fight them off. I can't even imagine how he must feel. I would not let him hang out with his soon to be ex-girlfriend all night in my presence. I started to text him back when I heard the limo door open again and he crawled in.

"Good morning everyone," he said cheerfully. He was a better actor than I was in this respect.

I went back to my phone to respond to his message. I'm so sorry I'm doing this to you. I'll make it up to you. I promise. I hit send quickly and shoved my phone back into my jacket pocket, hoping nobody would pick up on the fact that we were texting each other.

Fortunately his phone was on vibrate as well. Nobody was paying attention when he flipped his phone open and then looked up at me. Our eyes met. Neither one of us had to say anything else. We knew we were okay now. He mouthed the words I love you while nobody was looking. I smiled and laid my head back against the seat and closed my eyes. I wanted this day to go by as quickly as possible and by the grace of God I would be back in Rob’s arms by midnight.




***Author’s Note: Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! There probably won’t be another one until next weekend, but at least this one was pretty long! The next chapter is full of drama! ;)

Also, be on the look out for my new story REPENTANCE. It’s an All-Human Bella/Edward story and I’m really excited about it. I should have the first chapter up soon. Here’s a summary of the plot:

Bella was a 20 year old college student who was chasing her dreams. She wanted to teach English at the college level and she was determined to reach her goals. She followed the rules, didn’t party much, and always made good grades. Everything was going according to plan until one night, everything changed. She became the victim of a horrible fraternity initiation ritual. She dropped out of school temporarily to deal with the consequences of that night.

Will she be able to overcome her past and learn to love again? How will she react when she learns the one she loved had been keeping a horribly dark secret from her?


**Stay tuned! Please review and follow me on Twitter! @AllOrNothingKR

Thanks for reading!

**CHAPTER 10 - CLICK HERE**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girly,
Great chapter... nice and long and covered some ground. Kris almost made a big mistake in heading to the wrong room, surprising that Mike didn't say anything, but maybe its all part of his plan. It was nice of Nikki to cover all tho ow she's going to get a grilling i'm sure. Poor Kellen, got totally reamed. I always find I love his characters in stories. But i guess he was a bit brass with his words. Looking forward to the next chapter~Jess