Sunday, February 27, 2011

Elusive Reality - Chapter 8


CHAPTER 8

London, England - 2004

Edward and I were inseparable. As the weeks went on, I found it more and more difficult to be away from him. We spent nearly every night together. Lately he had been working full time for his father and there was nothing I enjoyed more than watching him get ready and all dressed up in a suit. He was so handsome. I watched him every morning, usually from his bed. This morning was no exception.

I was completely naked beneath the sheet that covered me. Edward walked softly around his room, putting his watch on, looking for his shoes. He was always so careful not to wake me, although he knew I was watching him.

When he was completely ready, he finally turned to look at me. I was smiling back at him. He sat down on the edge of the bed.

“Do you have any idea how fucking beautiful you are?” he asked quietly.

I grinned and shook my head before sitting up and wrapping my arms around his neck as he kissed me.

He sighed heavily when we parted. “I wish I could stay here all day with you.”

“I wish you could, too.”

Edward kissed my forehead and his hand lingered in mine momentarily before he got up. “I may be late tonight. I have a late conference call.”

“Okay. Have a good day, Edward.”

He smiled and blew me a kiss before he disappeared. When I heard his front door close, I got up and into his shower. I loved showering behind him. It smelled just like him and the bathroom was already warm.

When I turned the water off some time later, I was surprised to hear the bathroom door opening. I heard a female voice, “Hey, handsome, I was hoping you weren’t finished yet.” The shower curtain pulled open and I shrieked loudly. I grabbed the towel that hung nearby and clutched it to my chest. The curly redhead and I stared blankly at each other.

“Who the hell are you?” she yelled.

“Who are you!” I yelled back. My heart was racing. Edward was a dead man. I had woken up and showered here on countless mornings and never had I encountered this. The red haired vixen was dressed professionally, but somewhat provocatively. She was fuming.

“Where is Edward?” she asked, hands on hips.

“He’s at work. Will you move so I can get out of here?” I asked.

She stepped back. I wrapped the towel around myself and stepped out of the shower. “How did you get in here?” I asked. Edward always locks the door behind him.

“I have a key,” she snarled.

I nearly choked. I didn’t have a key. “So, who are you, to him?” I asked tentatively.

“I’m just an old friend.”

“With a key to his flat?”

She nodded her head. “Why are you here if he isn’t here? Are you his bitch from last night? Did he let you stay and shower? That’s nice of him.”

I wanted to punch her. Hard.

“I’m his girlfriend.”

She burst into laughter. “Edward doesn’t do girlfriends, sweetheart.”

I had had enough. “Really? Because he’s done me on that bed every single night for the past four months!” I said as I pointed towards Edward’s room. “Give me that key and get the hell out of here!” I started pushing on her shoulders.

“Four months?” She started pushing back. “I’m not giving you anything!” She lunged at me and that was it.

It was an all out girl fight, complete with hair pulling. I was no match for her and I was completely naked and fairly banged up when Edward and his friend/neighbor, Jasper, came running through the front door a few minutes later.

“What the fuck?” Edward demanded.

“Told ya so,” added Jasper.

The redhead and I were still going at each other on the floor, when finally, Edward pulled her off of me. “What the hell is going on?” Edward asked.

I was beyond furious. I couldn’t see straight. “I’ll tell you what the hell is going on, Edward!” I screamed. “This bitch tried to crawl in the shower with you this morning, except she found me!”

Edward’s eyes grew large. “What? Victoria, how did you get in here?”

Victoria started to stutter.

“She has a key!”

“What?” Edward asked as he looked at Victoria. “A key? How do you have a key to my flat?” He turned to me. “Bella, please, we have guests,” he said softly as he handed me my towel. I completely forgot. Every inch of me turned bright red. I was so embarrassed. Tears filled my eyes and I turned around and went into Edward’s room, slamming the door behind me. I could still hear them talking.

“Victoria, what the hell? You can’t just come in here whenever the hell you feel like it. Give me that key and tell my sister to fuck off.”

“I just thought, you know, for old times sake...”

“Well, you thought wrong. We never were, and even if we were, we are not anymore. Don’t call me. Don’t show up at my flat and don’t lay a finger on my girlfriend.”

“I cannot believe she’s really your girlfriend. You need variety, Edward. She’s not even that attractive.”

Tears poured over my cheeks and my nose ran.

“I find her very attractive. Now, GET OUT!”

I could hear Victoria stomping out of the flat. I didn’t even want to deal with Edward right now. I wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear.

“Thanks for calling me, Jasper. Sorry for the disturbance. I owe you.”

“No problem, man. Glad I could help.” The main door closed. It was quiet, except for Edward’s footsteps coming closer.

I was still on the floor, but I scooted a little farther away from his door so it wouldn’t hit me when he opened it, which he did a moment later.

“Bella...”

I shook my head. “Just leave me alone, please.”

“Bella, I can’t. Baby, I’m so incredibly sorry. I had no idea. My sister must have given her a key. I told you she was a bitch.”

I pulled my legs into my chest. I wrapped my arms around my knees, buried my head, and continued to cry. I felt Edward's arms around me before I heard him move. He was rocking me back and forth.

“Bella, I really had no idea. Please, believe me. You know I would never....I mean, I spend every waking moment with you. I wouldn’t even have had time to see her.”

My head shot up. “Ugh, Edward! I get it. I know you didn’t cheat on me.” I wiped at the tears flooding down my cheeks. “I’m crying because it hurts and I’m terribly embarrassed. Your friend just saw me completely naked, as did your ex-bitch and she said I wasn’t attractive!”

Edward laughed momentarily before I shot him a warning glance. “It’s not funny.”

He tried to hide his laughter. “I’m sorry, Bella. Why would you care what she thinks? Of course she’s going to say that. She just learned that you could keep me, and she couldn’t. I think it’s obvious that I’m attracted to you. You’re beautiful, even with tear stained cheeks and a snotty nose.”

I laughed for just a second before I wiped my face with the towel.

Edward moved a strand of my still wet hair behind my ear. “Tell me what hurts,” he said softly.

I relaxed a little. His touch felt so good. “Everything.”

“Well, if you can’t be more specific, I’ll have to do a full body inspection to make sure you’re okay,” he teased, as he pulled at my towel.

“My right elbow and wrist. Both of my knees, and my head.”

Edward took my right arm. I yelped in pain. My wrist really hurt. “Does that hurt?” he asked.

“Obviously.”

“Sorry.” He continued up my from my wrist, to my elbow. “You have a little cut here,” he said. He opened my towel to examine my knees. “And some scrapes and bruises on your knees. Where does your head hurt?”

“Everywhere. I think it’s just from all the hair pulling.”

Edward tried not to laugh before he started touching my wrist again and I tried not to grimace. “Can you move it?”

I shook my head.

Edward sighed. “I think you might want to get it checked out.”

I pouted.

Edward helped me up. “Come on, I’ll get some ice to put on it and I’ll dry your hair for you.”

I smiled. He was going to dry my hair. I think I loved him.

I sat on the edge of his bed, dressed in a t-shirt and sweat pants while Edward dried my hair. He massaged my scalp while he did so and it felt amazing. It almost made me forget about the shooting pain in my wrist. He brushed my hair out when he was finished. He was gentle and careful not to pull.

“I need to make a few calls. I’ll be right back.” Edward disappeared into his office.

He returned a few minutes later. “Okay, I’m all yours until 3:00 p.m. Let’s get you to the doctor.”

~

I cried the entire way home. I sat in the car and cried while Edward stopped at a hardware store. I cried when he tried to buy me breakfast. I cried when he helped me out of the car and into my flat.

I had a fractured bone in my wrist. I had to wear a cast for four weeks. It was my right wrist. I needed that wrist. I needed to be able to type and write and carry my books.

I threw myself on my bed. I felt Edward sit down on the bed next to me. He started stroking my hair. “I’m really sorry, Bella.”

“It’s not your fault, you didn’t know. I can’t help it that I’m a fragile wimp.”

Edward laughed. “You’re not a wimp. You’re strong and brave, and I love that you fought for me and believed me.”

I sighed and rolled over to face him. “You better get to work. I’ve ruined enough of both of our days.”

“I’m going by my place first to change the locks. Are you sure you don’t need anything?”

“I’m okay. I’m just going to rest.” I yawned.

“Okay.” He kissed my cheek. “Sweet dreams. I’ll come by as soon as I get finished with work.”

I nodded my head before drifting off to sleep.

~

My mom had called later that night just before Edward had arrived. I was still speaking to her when he knocked on my door. I let him in, and motioned for him to sit down.

“Mom, I know, but Thanksgiving is not a holiday in London. I have class. I can’t come home.”

“I don’t care if Jake wants to see me. We are not together anymore, Mom.”

I rolled my eyes and looked at Edward, while my mother continued. “Are you hungry?” I asked quietly, ignoring my mother.

Edward nodded his head. I went to the kitchenette and began to heat up some left overs from the take out I had gotten earlier.

I sighed. “Okay, Mom. I promise I’ll come home for Christmas. I just can’t make it for Thanksgiving. I’ve got too much going on. Listen, I’ve got to go, I have a friend over. Tell Dad I miss him. Love you.” I hung up before she had a chance to respond.

“So, your ex wants to see you?” Edward asked.

“He always does, it’s not a big deal. His dad and my dad are best friends. My dad insists on me marrying him.”

Edward’s eyes got large. “Oh great, so your father will never like me.”

I laughed. “He’ll get over it. Eventually.”

I fed Edward, and in exchange, he helped me with my homework and typed up a business plan for me before putting me to bed.


***Author’s Note: Thanks for reading and reviewing! Hope you enjoyed. We pay Bella a visit at the psych ward in the next chapter....more to come next weekend.

Twitter: @ AllOrNothingKR

Facebook: AllOrNothingKR at gmail (dot) com.

***CHAPTER 9 - CLICK HERE***

No comments: